Macs cat food

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Treaclesmum, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Treaclesmum

Treaclesmum PetForums VIP

This seems popular but mine won't usually like the pate type foods... I see it also comes in pouches too! Can anyone post some photos of macs so I can see the texture and especially pics of the pouch version if possible! please...? :)

catcoonz likes this.
  2. Satori

Satori One of Life's Winners.

Macs pouches are the least successful food I ever tried. Even my little monster Tiffanie wouldn't touch them and he eats any cat-food, any meat, shopping bags, shoes - you name it. Not even a tiny lick could I solicit from any of my cats. IIRC they are also the most expensive wet food on the planet. So all-in-all not strongly recommended :D

I still have some in the kitty larder. PM me and I'll mail a couple of pouches to you.

3. Treaclesmum

Argh wish I'd waited for your reply before I ordered a box from Happy Kitty... Which came to a whopping £17.50 :w00t:

If I manage to cancel the order, I will take you up on the offer... what flavours are your pouches? I ordered the pure chicken, the others had some odd ingredients....

4. Satori

Satori One of Life's Winners.

I bought two of the mixed boxes so I think I have all flavours. I hope you have better luck than I.

5. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

One of mine loves the tins, the other won't touch it. Haven't tried the pouches.

6. Treaclesmum

Well I hope mine like it, as I can't see how to cancel the order...! :huh:

7. Space Chick

Space Chick PetForums VIP

My lot like all the tins....but then they only have pate style tins and raw.

8. CoCoTrio

CoCoTrio PetForums VIP

Can you just give them a ring? 07736943589

9. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

You're right Satori, the Macs pouches are reeeally expensive! :crying:

I bought a box of it when I put in an order for the tins of Macs, as am always looking for foods my cat who has IBD and gingivostomatitis can tolerate. I'd recently had to take him off Catz FF No 3 (the only CFF flavour he would eat) as it made his gums inflamed, so I was keen to find something to replace it.

Anyway, to my delight/amazement my cat took to the Macs pouches immediately, & scoffed it down with enjoyment. We got to the end of the box without any bad reactions being caused, so with some trepidation I went ahead and ordered 3 boxes,
    Duck flavour and Chicken flavour, fearing it might not get eaten (so often the way when I buy a lot of a particular food:eek:) But glad to say, so far, so good - he is very smitten with it. :thumbup1:

None of the others will touch the stuff, but tbh I'm not bothered, at that price!:D Just glad to have found something else my hard-to-feed cat can eat.

It had seemed to me the Macs pouches look & smell similar to the Catz FF No 3 pouches, and as my cat liked Catz FF No 3 I wondered whether this was why he took to the Macs so easily. Though evidently this is not backed up by your experience with your cats, whom I recall like Catz FF No. 3.;):)