Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

MacBook Air

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by McKenzie, Aug 24, 2013.

1. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

Anyone have one? Pros and cons?

(I'm a pc user at the moment)

2. oliviarussian

oliviarussian Meeoow!

Once Mac never go back! :D

3. CanIgoHome

CanIgoHome PetForums VIP

much more easy to us :D

4. PawsOnMe

PawsOnMe PetForums VIP

Have a look at the reviews. personally I find that there are much better cheaper netbooks available.

Best netbook: Top 10 mini laptops rated | CNET UK

have a nosy through some websites that rate laptops, you can probably get a really good one for as little as £200.

5. havoc

havoc PetForums VIP

I needed a new laptop a while back. Didn't realise it would automatically be ruined with windows 8. Fought it for a month then gave it away and bought a Mac like I should have done in the first place.

6. ouesi

ouesi Guest

pretty much this LOL
    We are totally mac-fied here. Love 'em. The price is worth it for the customer service IME.

7. JessIncaFCR

JessIncaFCR PetForums VIP

Macs are so much better IMO than windows machines! I would never use a windows computer again! I don't have a macbook air, but just a macbook and I love it :D :D As others have said, once you have one, you'll never go back ;)

8. Lauren5159

Lauren5159 Lover of Terriers, loser of the plot.

I agree with everyone else... I have the MacBook Air and love it... Once you get used to the different icons etc, it's so easy.

I definitely wouldn't go back to anything Windows...

The warranty, Customer Service and help available from Apple is by far, the best of any other laptop manufacturer :)

But that's my opinion... McKenzie looks like a Mac girl :) you can call it your 'Mac' Kenzie :D

9. lostbear

lostbear Bear right at Newcastle . . .

My daughter has her second Mac Air (dog jumped onto the first one 3 days after she bought it, and broke off the screen - insurance job). She loves it.

I have a aMac Pro, and I love it! I wish I'd got one years ago. Takes a few days to get used to, but they are brilliant machines. Much easier to use.

10. havoc

havoc PetForums VIP

The 'getting used to' is nothing compared with getting used to whatever new and improved version of windows you'll end up with. There is less hassle these days going from PC to Mac than going from PC to new PC.

11. ouesi

ouesi Guest

Durability can't be beat too. We have a macbook, macbook air, ipod, ipad, and I-phone in this house. My macbook is over 3 years old, has been to the beach, to the stream, drooled on by dogs, dropped repeatedly, lives full of dog hair, the kids use it (not gently)... I've replaced the screen once, gone through two chargers, but otherwise everything works like new. None of the replacements cost me a thing, were done that day in the apple store. I ADORE their service.
    Yes, apple products are more expensive, but totally worth it in durability, ease of use, customer service, and just plain old WORK better! Love 'em.

12. havoc

havoc PetForums VIP

Just wish I'd realised sooner - I can't afford to buy cheap.

13. JessIncaFCR

JessIncaFCR PetForums VIP

This!

My macbook is 4yrs old and still working as it should be!! I have an SSD drive which makes it even quicker :) I agree with the above - so durable :) Yes, they may cost more than some windows machines, but they last for so much longer (plus the resale value is good too :))

14. lostbear

lostbear Bear right at Newcastle . . .

That's like what my grannie used to say - "You have to be rich to be our".

15. MontyMaude

MontyMaude PetForums VIP

I have a MacBook Pro and love it but I love me Apple stuff as for me it's easy to use and I understand it and it all works together unlike non fruit based electrical items.

16. SpotOn

SpotOn PetForums Senior

MacBook Pro here.

OH has lost keys, damaged screen, spilt fizzy drink over his last one and killed it (3 weeks before his dissertation hand in :eek: ) and Apple were very good each time about fixing/repairing/replacing.

After years of having a dell laptop, OH bought me a MacBook.... Love it and wouldn't go back to windows. Mines much faster to boot now, storage space is much better, customer service is much better. I find the layout much easier to use than windows. I was going to go for MB Air, but for the price (a £150-200 more) I thought having a slot for CDs/DVDs with different cable slots was better, even if it means it is a little heavier. Mine has a purple cover for added protection :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice