Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Mabel isn't here....

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by TabbyRoad, Aug 15, 2009.

1. TabbyRoad

TabbyRoad Banned

and the house feels WEIRD!!!!

She's gone to the groomers. OH took her on her own as I can't really move but my God the house feels so weird without her. I can't remember the last time I was here on my own with no Mabel.

I know she's fine and having a lovely time being pampered but I can't help looking at her little purple cow on the floor and getting a bit sad!

I must be PMSing.

2. Bex190

Bex190 PetForums VIP

I know what you mean. I moan about mine being under my feet all the time but when my dad took him out without me the house was just too quiet, I kept wondering what he was up to!

3. TabbyRoad

TabbyRoad Banned

That's the worry! Mabel has anxiety issues with new people but she has improved in leaps and bounds recently.

OH said she went into the groomers, met the strange man she had never seen before, got a cuddle which she loved (she used to hate that) and then didn't even look back as she very happily trotted off with him. Meanwhile, OH is feeling like a Mum after dropping her kid off at school for the first time.

The cats are now stalking her beds wondering if they're up for grabs :D

4. Bex190

Bex190 PetForums VIP

What a good girl! It's nice to hear she's getting over her anxiety.
    I'm sure she'll put the cats back in their places as soon as she's home!

5. Patterdale_lover

Patterdale_lover PetForums VIP

Awhhh hun, don't worry i am exactly the same with Bess.
    When she goes down the village for playdates with her friend Wally. Even though it is only for like an hour and a half. I can't wait to pick her up! I always think. Is she missing me, is she having a good time? etc. :rolleyes: its totally daft as she is fine when i arrive to pick her up! LOL i don't know what its going to be like when i have kids!!! :D

6. TabbyRoad

TabbyRoad Banned

Well she's back from the groomers (looking VERY different) but apparently OH had to drag her out :D

We'ce gone from a dog who hated new people and new situations to having to be dragged away from people she has just met. HAPPY DAYS!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice