Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Lunatic

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by SassyH, Aug 28, 2010.

1. SassyH

SassyH PetForums Member

We got Riley last Wednesday and he is 11 weeks old today. I love him to bits but ge is completely bonkers! We have started to let him explore the rest of the flat and he is all over the place, all the time. Jumping from one sofa to the other, in and out of the rooms and meewing all the time. Now, is this normal or is he overly hyper? I have never owned a cat of this age so I don't know what is normal or not.

2. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

Sounds like a kitten to me! :D Does he then just lie down and sleep for a wee while just to start up again a bit later?

3. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Definately sounds normal to me ,if not ,my kitten aint normal.Nothing is sacred to a kitten in full flight.:lol::lol:

4. Tje

Tje Banned

welocme to "kitten o'clock"

but unlike 1 o'clock or 5 o'clock, kitten o'clock isnt a twice daily occurence... it can be a six times daily occurence.... get a thick blanket and hide under it.... you should be able to come out by Halloween... ;)

5. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn PetForums Senior

Normal kitten behaviour :D .. Harley was doing the sofa leaping thing this morning complete with fluffed out tail and purry growly sounds :lol:

6. SassyH

SassyH PetForums Member

He doesn't ever seem to sleep. He is currently destroying the spare room, as he has to be shut away cos we are taking the introductions between him and sooty very slowly. He just behaves like he has been dropped in his head one too many times or he has ADHD

7. Tje

Tje Banned

roflol, did you take one of my foster kittens by any chance, lol... sounds soooo familiar, heheheee

believe it or not, in 3 years time you'll be posting on here about how you miss these ADHD moments ;)

8. SassyH

SassyH PetForums Member

are you sure? Because right now I'm fearing for my furnitures life! Hehe, but he is soooo cute, so much to OH's dismay, I'll forgive him for a lot

9. Philski

Philski PetForums Senior

I would be more concerned if he wasn't bombing around the place, to be honest! All reassuring signs that he is happy, well and healthy, and settling in nicely...

10. sami87

sami87 PetForums Member

Oh my gosh, that sounds exactly like my kitten!!! You're not alone! :)

11. SassyH

SassyH PetForums Member

Glad he is 'normal'. It's soooo funny watching him try to run on laminate when he has scared himself. It's something like out of a cartoon, has me in stitches. What silly things do your kitten(s) do? This Q is for anyone Reading this :)

12. catzz

catzz PetForums Senior

Kiera is completely mental but one of her favourite games is to flick water out of the bowl or knock the water bowl over and then run around and slide on the wet floor. Another thing that's started in the last couple of days is to flick her dry food out of the bowl and then bat it round the kitchen floor and hunt it. She's taken to hiding the bowl under the newspaper it stand on which drives Gypsy, her mum, crazy! At the moment she's curled up in her bed asleep looking like she's a little angel - in reality she'sa delightful litle menace :)

13. Philski

Philski PetForums Senior

When it was icy outside, back in Jan/Feb, anytime the boys were spooked they did that running on the spot thing - it just needed a Tom & Jerry sound effect to make it a YouTube classic!

14. SassyH

SassyH PetForums Member

Sounds like you know were I am coming from Philski, I feel so cruel laughing but just can't help it. Then it's so funny too when he has scrabbled to the Hallway and goes full pelt cos he's got some grip again when he reaches carpet. I'm so mean :-s

15. Philski

Philski PetForums Senior

Cats know when they are pleasing you, laugh away!

16. SassyH

SassyH PetForums Member

I never knew a milk bottle top could provide so
    much fun for a kitten :)

17. classixuk

classixuk PetForums VIP

Howdy.

Imagine if you had a house! He could do divebombs from the top landing to the bottom, and use his litter tray to practice bob-sleighing down the stairs!

:D

billyboysmammy likes this.
  18. zacknzena

zacknzena PetForums VIP

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

19. Amy&Ted

Amy&Ted PetForums VIP

A bob sleighing cat is something i would pay good money to see!!!

20. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

I would call my cat bob

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice