Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Lumps on cat's gums and PDSA vet not responding.

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by H.M, Mar 10, 2021.

1. H.M

H.M PetForums Junior

I feel like like there is always something to worry about. If one cat is fine, there has to be a problem of some sort with the other.

I noticed two lumps on my 8 year old female cat. She is timid and mostly indoors, except when she sits outside the window on the edge or by the door for a few minutes. I have attached pictures of the lumps on her gums but obviously its not as clear as seeing it for yourself.

I registered my cats and I tried booking an appointment with PDSA for the first time for Kisu about 2 and a half weeks ago. Got a call back, they asked questions about her and asked to send pictures to an email and they will text the email address. But they didn't so I googled for the email address and emailed if I should send the pictures there. They replied after an hour saying yes so I sent the pictures. A week went past no reply.

3 days ago I requested another call back. The next day they sent a text instead of calling saying to send the pictures by email. I sent it to them again amd I also wrote How I am really worried if it is something serious like a tumour that needs to be diagnosed and treated as soon as possible for the best outcome. It could probably not be a tumour but I would like to get an appointment to be on the safe side. Again still no reply.

Does anyone know how I can get an appointment with them or should I go to another vet to see what they think and if its something that needs treatment I can take her to PDSA and sent the notes from the other vet to them?

What do you think about the lumps? It does seem to hurt her if a slightly touch it and I mentioned this on the email too.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. H.M

H.M PetForums Junior

Great news!!! The PDSA have finally emailed me back. probably because it was the second time and I guess I sounded really concerned in the email I sent them.

This is what they said:
    "Thank you for sending the updated photos of Kisu's mouth swelling. We have uploaded these to the record and added you on the list for a vet consultation within the next 48 hours. Please keep your phone nearby and ensure it accepts withheld/private numbers."

Lurcherlad and Calvine like this.
  3. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

@H.M: Well done: you really do have to be proactive and keep pushing until you get a satisfactory response, so make sure you don't miss their call! Let us know what they say. I would just mention that my cats seem to have much pinker gums than the one on the photo. But sure your vet will say if they think there is any cause for concern.

H.M likes this.
  4. H.M

H.M PetForums Junior

Update: so the vet called my mum today and they said there is nothing wrong and the lumps are roots of the canine. I tried googling it to see if there is anything about it but I can't find anything. Is this normal/common in cats?

Im glad she is fine and nothing seems to be wrong but I'm just wondering how they can diagnose with full certainty just from a picture.

5. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

OK, good news that they are happy with the photos that all is normal, I would just keep checking her mouth from time to time - if she lets you open her mouth a bit wider, good idea to check that her teeth are in decent condition.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice