Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Lump on a rat!!!

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by lolabloob, May 17, 2010.

1. lolabloob

lolabloob PetForums Member

I was just in seeing the girls and spoon-feeding them their fav yoghurt and I noticed that my wee girl Alyssa has a lump on her neck! It seems to have sprung up overnight!! It wasn't until she stretched her neck out to get the yoghurt that it was visible!

Has anyone any idea what it could be? i know it is probably a tumour or something but im desperate for any advice you can give me!!
    Also if it is a tumour , what are the chances it will be relatively harmless? :(
    I'm going to ring the vets first thing in the morning but any peace of mind tonight would be soo appreciated!! xx

2. spoiled_rat

spoiled_rat PetForums Senior

Could be an abscess.

3. lolabloob

lolabloob PetForums Member

it is a bit too fast growing to be a tumour maybe...but are abscesses not caused by scratches or cuts or something like that? my bunny had an abscess when we adopted her cuz she had cut her leg on something in her cage when running about like a crazy thing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice