Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Lump by Felinelukima vaccination.

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Pixi, May 11, 2010.

1. Pixi

Pixi PetForums Junior

Mia had her second set on jab's on 24th April, the vet put the feline lukima jab separate by her leg. He mentioned something about a lump forming. I couldnt quite remember what he said about it. anyway, I noticed last week Mia had a lumo where she had the injection. it was about the size of 2 pea's. it dosnt bother her and dosnt hurt her when i touch it. It's gone down now to about the size of a pea. It's not attached to her bone and moves freely, it feels kinda fatty but its kinda hardish.

I'm just wondering should i be worried? Anyone else had this problem?

2. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

As the cats are injected in the legs, they get a lump on the injection site. The lump remains there for 2 - 3 weeks and later disappears on its own. If it remains for a longer time or if its size increases, you need to bring it to the notice of the vet as early as possible. Sometimes, these may be abscesses that are caused due to an infection or contamination.

3. Tje

Tje Banned

Agree with Dally Banjo… have had injection sites turn into abscesses too. I’d give it another week at most then call the vet. Also no harm phoning just now and asking what they think of the size of the lump at the injection site, and the length of time since vaccination.

When my own cat had the lump on his injection site it didn’t hurt at all either, and even the vet said it was just a fatty-tissue lump, nothing to worry about, it was also a pea-sized lump. One day (months later!) I was grooming him and must have nicked it, so I separated the hair and lightly squeezed … and oh dear…. The puss went everywhere, and then it did hurt for the cat. And it was very worrying as it was the weekend and I didn’t know if I had drained it and flushed it properly. Luckily I had… but it could so easily have gone wrong.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice