UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Tala has a bit of a lump at the base of her tail, and I found a little scab amongst the fur. It doesn't bother her at all and she will happily let me touch it (until she gets sick of me prodding her!). I'm a bit worried that it might be an abscess, but wouldn't that be sore? Is there anything else it could be?

I was thinking I'll leave it for a day or so and see what happens, and then get her into the vet - does this sound ok?

·
Slave to the Hairy Hikers
12,358 Posts
Exactly where is the lump? Right at the base of the tail, or just below, to the left or right of the anus? If it is next to the anus, I'd go to the vet straight away, as it will probably be a blocked anal gland that needs squeezing out. The longer you wait, the more painful it will get, and if it bursts, she will need antibiotics.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's sort of on the top side of her tail, right at the base. It's not really anywhere close to her anus. Sorry I'm not very good at describing!

She needs to go for her annual vaccinations anyway, so I might just make an appointment for her tomorrow and then if it's nothing to worry about/something easily fixed they can do the vaccs anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.