Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Lucy's diary from day 47

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by wooliewoo, Jul 22, 2009.

1. wooliewoo

wooliewoo PetForums VIP

Thought i'd introduce Lucy who is 47 days into her 2nd pregnancy.

Lucy had 7 pups last April all weighing over 1 Lb in weight and all very healthy pups.
    She had a repeat mateing with her Red boyfriend as we are hopeing for a Red girl to carry on as Lucys mum Locket is 8 now and old age is creeping up on her.....bless:eek:

A scan was done last week which showed at least 7 pups but alot of movement too so couldnt get a concrete number.
    We had a scare 7 days after mateing as lucy had a greeny/yellow discharge but it didnt smell and she had no temp. The vet thought it was irratation from mateing and gave a short course of anti biotics which soon cleard it up.

All health checks carried out and jabs, worming etc all up to date.

I have started to introduce puppy food in her diet and increased her feeds by 50% at the moment and at weekend will increase again

She has started to slow down now, enjoying a lesiurely stroll now rather than the usual gallop. Shes not jumping round like a kangaroo much now either:rolleyes: and she's very clingey:smilewinkgrin:

Lucy & locket
    DSCF4430.jpg
    Lucy
    DSCF4435.jpg
    Lucy chilling
    DSCF4437.jpg

2. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

Oh bless her she looks like a very happy mum to be.

take care

Sarah

3. She looks lovely, cant wait to hear how the pregnancy develops and seeing the end result...aw boxer pups..how exciting:)

4. wooliewoo

wooliewoo PetForums VIP

Thanks................i have 1 concern and that is the size of her nipples:blushing:. I dont know if its because she's had a litter before but they seem quite big and 1 is huge........it swings:eek:, im sure it would be too big for a puppys mouth. You can see from the pic that they are big.

She did go back to normal size after last litter so i dont think its from then.........she def will look like a milking bar if they carry on growing lol:rolleyes:

5. peppapug

peppapug PetForums Senior

She is beautiful and looks very comfortable with her pregnancy :D

Can't wait to see her progress......

Nipple size never ceases to amaze me and teh puppies always seem to manage ;)

6. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

Lucy is lovely and looks very content :)

Look foward to following her progress and seeing the puppies :)

7. rottielover

rottielover PetForums Junior

gorgeous truly gorgeous will follow the thread good luck xxxx

8. nat1979

nat1979 PetForums VIP

Good luck hope all goes well just been through it with my girls

9. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

She is stunning!! She looks so happy! Bless her! I can't to follow the thread with her puppies xx

10. wooliewoo

wooliewoo PetForums VIP

Not much today with Lucy..........she still sat in same spot against the fence in sun as yesterday!!! :rolleyes:

Whelping box on order (i use the large disposal box as we dont have storage to keep a proper one and i like to cut it in half and use for pups bed when they go into kitchen at 3 weeks)

Vetbed, fleece, plastic sheeting, whelping pads, newspaper & id collars sorted. Glucose for mum

Just sorting the incubation box...........we found she had 3 quickly last time so like to move pups to safe warm place once they've suckled and swap um round.

Got clamps, stop it blood stop stuff, dental floss for cords, scissors etc

Found a great deal on Lactol so got supplys of that and more to follow:)

Just hope the whelp go's as organized as im getting lol...............Do any dogs have daytime litters lol:001_tt2:

11. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

Its getting exciting! :D x

12. wooliewoo

wooliewoo PetForums VIP

Lucy is 7 weeks today (from 1st mateing). The pups are on the move i think.....shes getting a waist back and sagging underneath:rolleyes: She seems to be sleeping alot today so she may be feeling the movements more................

Started on boiled eggs today to give her a extra boost.........her mums enjoying the extras too lol:p

13. wooliewoo

wooliewoo PetForums VIP

Day 52
    I felt movement!!! :smilewinkgrin:Lucy was haveing her usual tummy rub and placed my hand on her rather large tum and im sure it was a pup moveing...........or gas from the eggs lucys been having lol:eek:

She has slowed down alot over the weekend and her exercise has changed to a couple of short "funny 5 minutes" where she gets rid of her kangeroo instincts:p

Everything is in place and her whelping box will be in the lounge this week ready for her to get use to;)

14. archielee

archielee PetForums VIP

Awww so sweet keep the updates coming

15. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

I bet your so excited!! Even a little apprehensive??

I would be unable to contain it if this was happening to me :D
    x

16. peppapug

peppapug PetForums Senior

How exciting, more babies! Not long now :eek:

17. kerrybramble

kerrybramble PetForums VIP

my dog started to go into labour at 9 in the morning, unfortunately she had to have c section as they were real big! £700 on the spot :O! congrats on your upcoming babies! i remember how excited i got about puppy movement, all my family thought i was crazy! my thread is 'bramble's diary' got lots of good info off the people here! my pups are now 5 weeks :D!

kerry x

p.s what a beautiful mummy dog :D

18. sandymaynard

sandymaynard PetForums Senior

HI
    Don't worry about nipple size pup's are amazing little animals, they will find a way even if it is too big!
    She looks very proud! Bless her!
    Please post pictures of her and pup's when they arrive
    Sandy

19. wooliewoo

wooliewoo PetForums VIP

:eek:hmy:Apprehensive..............im dreading it lol. Seeing your dog look at you with sad scared eyes makes you feel so helpless..................i know its natures way but that all go's out the window when its your baby:blushing:

Then again the end result is amazing and moulding/ raiseing them into healthy loving pups is priceless

I know that after this week i will be spending my nights on the sofa with one eye open:wink5: and wont be getting a propper nights sleep for another 12 weeks or so.............................:eek:hmy:

20. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

Aww bless you! But i can understand that, i admire dog breeders very much!

I don't know who will be more dedicated.............Lucy or you? lol!! ;) :D

How is she this evening?
    xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice