Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Lucky Escape!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Tillski, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Tillski

Tillski PetForums Member

Last night i was lying in bed and suddenly thought to myself, 'where's Tilly?' - i'd not heard her bell for a while and she's usually wandering around upstairs at night, especially as my OH had friends over, she prefers to stay out of the way. I tried to tell myself she would have just settled with them but for some reason i just couldn't stop thinking about it so i got up to have a look for her and couldn't find her anywhere. Turns out she must have made a dash for freedom when my OH & friends went into the back garden for a cigarette and they hadn't noticed (clearly too many beers!). So, it was about 11.30pm; very dark outside and no-one had seen her in the house for about an hour and a half - had to go walking up the street in my pjs calling her name and shaking treats (neighbours well and truly believe i'm a lunatic now!). Eventually found her up on a wall at the end of the street looking quite shocked; i have no idea how she got up but she clearly thought it was too high to jump down from as all she could do was meow and look at me helplessly. I'm too short to reach her so had to run back and get OH to climb on a dustbin and get her down!

I couldn't stop thinking about what might have happened if i hadn't have wondered where she was; OH never would have noticed and she could have been locked out all night and wandered off as she very rarely goes out unsupervised or for long periods... honestly, i'm sure she's determined to give me a heart attack at some point with her antics!! And OH was in the bad books for not closing the door - men eh!?

#1 Tillski, Aug 15, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
  2. aella851

aella851 PetForums Junior

least she is home and safe, least OH was able to get her down, shows your cat is very loved and cared for by you xxxxx

3. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

awwww im glade shes was fine but i know how you feel because my holly an indoor ragdoll got out yesturday because my sister had a friend over and wasnt paying attion to closeing the door and i found our a hour after because she didnt come out for food so i went running out the frount door and there i sow holly under a nonmoving car acrossed the road i go to walk to get her as she ran out right in font of a moving car lucky the car came to a quick stop and holly came running to me but a little faster and she would have been gorn my heart was beating so fast i couldnt beath as i would be lost with out her but she seem non the wiser

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice