Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

lucky discovery, may be not?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by kathryn773, Jan 3, 2012.

1. kathryn773

kathryn773 PetForums VIP

dad has been staying at my brothers and sister's houses over the festive period, with a day at his own in the middle, getting home yesterday. (first christmas as a widower)

today, braving the wind and rain i popped over to visit. i took him straight to do some shopping, when i came to put stuff in the fridge, it (the fridge) was warm.

the socket had been switched off, probably before Christmas eve. :(

i have secured it with insulation tape so it cant happen again, and cleared and cleaned fridge/freezer.

he said he thought the butter was soft when he got some out to make my bread!

dad is blind and quite deaf and perfectly capable with his independance. its just this one was quite a worry.

2. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Yes that is a worry though as you say he just needs monitoring not a carer.
    Does he have regular visitors?

3. kathryn773

kathryn773 PetForums VIP

we assume he had caught the switch by accident.

yes, he has visitors, chapel friends, relatives, us kids.. to which he serves pots of tea and a loaf of fresh bread to take home.

(tho i always book a meal time and request hot pot)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice