Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Low fat diet for dogs, like last thread

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by rose, Jan 6, 2012.

1. rose

rose PetForums VIP

Like the last thread my Cavalier Lola had suspected Pancreatitis when I took her to the vets a few weeks ago as she cried everytime we touched her tummy. They did blood tests but nothing was conclusive. They suggested a low fat diet and suggested chappie. Not a problem as my 4 plus my daughters pup who is staying at he moment eat anything incase another eats it. Problem is Lola has always been fat, she only has short legs and she is as wide as she is high!! None of the others is remotely fat and she eats less than any of them, she doesnt gobble it down like them. I have often wondered if she may have thyroid problems although no other symptoms except I have never seen her actually run, only a fast trot!!

2. SLB

SLB PetForums VIP

Rabbit is a lean meat, so you could give her rabbit mince now and then.
    Don't really know about dry/wet foods though.

I'd up her exercise ever so slightly though, maybe get her into some hydrotherapy? Haven't seen the other thread so not sure what's been suggested..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice