Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Lovesick Cat

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by Alyson Terry, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Alyson Terry

Alyson Terry PetForums Newbie

Hi my cat is 10 months old, and has always hung about with the female cat next door.

A week ago the cat next door moved out. Since then he has been looking for her and just seems so sad. He isn’t eating, can be lashing out again and meows a lot!

Is this even a thing and how do I help
    Him?

Thank you

Attached Files:

2. Treaclesmum

Treaclesmum PetForums VIP

Aw, poor little guy! If he isn't eating, a vet check up may be the first step to rule out any physical causes. But if he is just lonely, maybe consider adopting a friend for him, another cat close in age whom he can hang out with?

OrientalSlave and Summercat like this.
  3. poppygreen

poppygreen PetForums Junior

Oh noooo, poor baby :(

i agree with the above. get him a companion, it will help him to get back on track. :) cats need someone who can speak their language :)

not all the cats, some of them are quite happy to be the only "precious joy" of the house.

Try to hand feed him as well as a visit to the vet. give him loads of cuddles :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice