Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Lovely walk :D

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by trixiemixy, Jan 26, 2012.

1. trixiemixy

trixiemixy Guest

For the first time in a while I REALLY REALLY enjoyed my walk with Reiver and Venus today.

As they came from a pack of around 8 dogs and also from their birth mother, they get really excited out on a walk and tend to bark quite a bit :eek:. I do try to calm them and redirect their energy elsewhere :). But today they were quite for most of their walk and we met quite a few people. The only real bark they gave was at the very beginning (i've put that down to being too excited) then Reiver gave one bark when we saw a woman. I'm really proud of how far they have come with their training. It's the most enjoyable walk I've been on for a while :thumbup:

I actually can't wait to take them out tomorrow either :D:D:D:D:D

I'm really looking forward to taking them out on saturday in the nice big field down the road to put them on 100ft long-line each and let them run and also do some recall training. :D:D:D:D

This is a first for me as after Trixie I lost all of my confidence but am slowly re-gaining it and I know it's just a matter of time before I start enjoying allllll my walks with them. They are two fantastic dogs :thumbup:

2. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

That's great, you will get there :)

3. trixiemixy

trixiemixy Guest

I'm really chuffed!! :D:D:D

They've come so far and they were so well behaved!! They pulled a bit but didn't bark much :thumbup:

4. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Sounds like things are coming along nicely :D.

5. trixiemixy

trixiemixy Guest

They really are i'm soooooooooo pleased :D Looking forward to taking them for a lovely walk tomorrow :thumbup:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice