UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out ona walk this afternoon, along the canal with 4 client dogs - a very excitable choc lab, 2 young border terriers and a norfolk terrier. All forces to be reckoned with for differing reasons!

Anyway, I saw up ahead a young bloke with 2 staffies. I put the choc lab on lead because she runs at people and jumps up at them, but the rest I left loose. The man made no effort to lead his dogs, and judging by their body language, I felt there was no need to lead 'mine'.

Oh what fun was had - these delightful staffies played with the terriers, I even de leashed the lab on the lad's say so...and all the dogs hoolied about like fools.

I even told the lad that his dogs were a credit to the breed and him :D

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Saw another post about staffies in a dim light, and just felt the need to write my nice post.
They aren't all bad, neither are all the young male owners!!!

·
Registered
490 Posts
terrierist said:
neither are all the young male owners!!!
I wonder if people make assumptions about me when im out walking, a young(ish) lad with a rottie and CJ who (now that hes filling out) is starting to like a giant fluffy staff draging me round, just a shame that CJ is a bit hit and miss with other males, but I like to think that maddie makes people change thier minds

·
Registered
642 Posts
Saw another post about staffies in a dim light, and just felt the need to write my nice post.
They aren't all bad, neither are all the young male owners!!!
Definitely!! I absolutely love staffies, they can be amazing dogs. Walking dogs (99% staffs) for the dogs home near me, has made me adore them. They're a lovely breed.
(And I have purposefully kept my mouth shut in regards to certain other members 'Daily Mail'-ing about them!!)

Lovely thread! Rep'd.:)

I wonder if people make assumptions about me when im out walking, a young(ish) lad with a rottie and CJ who (now that hes filling out) is starting to like a giant fluffy staff draging me round, just a shame that CJ is a bit hit and miss with other males, but I like to think that maddie makes people change thier minds
Same! I do wonder what people think of me walking bull breeds, with looking like I do - but the woman who my last foster dog went to, said how approachable and nice I was! If someone ever scowls at me and my dog, I smile at them!

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Yay, we love staffies! :D
Its so nice to know that there are people out there that dont judge the breed and their owners.
I have had many dirty looks walking my mitzie but shes completly friendly and im responsible (i think :D;)) when it comes to the dogs, i have often wondered if people judge us more because im a youngish gal? Who knows what goes on in peoples heads? :rolleyes:

So nice to see all the staffy lovers on here!

·
Master of the Whingey Cat.
7,885 Posts
I've been keeping up with the recent Staffy threads on here and find it such a shame that they're seen so negatively :(

I've only ever met soppy Staffs (though, to be fair I don't have a dog so don't come across dog aggression or idiot owners), we have one at the shelter where I work and he's the most friendly little chap! A couple of friends have them, too, and they like nothing more than sitting with you and having their bellies scratched :001_wub:

It's good to see a positive Staffy thread :thumbup:

·
Registered
320 Posts
I must look a sight :lol: walking down the street, typical 21 year old male in a trackie with a Stafford :lol: and soon to be 2 staffs when Sierras had her 2nd jab :D I've had nothing but compliments on Bailey and his behaviour though :D

·
Registered
734 Posts
I have edited my post as i actually dont want to bring negativity to this lovely thread so i shall hold my tongue! I love ALL breeds of dog, big or small, cute and fluffy, hairy and scruffy....all of them!!

G

·
We love staffies here too :) McKenzie ADORED Kc Mac's two when we used to walk with them. Unfortunately we don't really see many because of where we now live and walk (not the dog of choice :rolleyes:) which is a shame because they are cracking little dogs when bred and raised well.

This is Kenzie and Buddy :001_wub:

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Nice to see a positive thread about staffs on here - makes a change from the recent slatings!

Breeze has a Staffie friend in the village, he's easily one of the most well-mannered and well-handled dogs I've had the pleasure of meeting. Owner's a nice guy too, tracksuit and all ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.