Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Lovely morning walk ruined by ……

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by jbw54, Nov 13, 2012.

1. jbw54

jbw54 PetForums Member

A dog attacking me and my little guys. Out for our usual morning walk but this morning as it was cold I decided to put their winter jackets on. Half way back from our walk there was a young man walking his dog (on a lead) he was walking the opposite direction he unclipped its lead and you can guessed what happened next, his dog saw us and ran full belt at us growling and snarling chap ran after him waving the lead and shouting for him to come back ………… no chance. I pulled the lads behind me and tried to make myself appear a bit bigger but the dog just knocked me over and got max, I probably did the wrong thing but in a moment of panic I grabbed the dog by the collar and twisted it and pulled him off max. The man came running over and did apologise now by this time his dog is still trying to get to Max I’ve still got my hand in its collar and he’s just standing there instead of putting his dog on a lead. I am so pleased Max had his winter coat on I dread to think what could have happened. The man clipped the lead on his dog proceeded to hit his dog for not coming back then told me “I thought I would give him one more chance to come back to me but it didn’t work” Then he informed me “my other dog is git vicious like but he always comes back!!!” I told him that perhaps he needs to some recall work on his dog or keep it on a long lead and as he walked away he shouted “don’t f******g tell me how to look after my f*****g dog. Walked through his front gate slammed the gate and let the dog loose so it jumped up at us as we walked passed……… forgot to add it was a staffie!!! Off to get a good stout stick or something!

2. LauraJane9

LauraJane9 PetForums Senior

That guy sounds like a complete idiot, those poor dogs of his don't stand a chance.

3. astara

astara PetForums Senior

oh how awful that must have been for you i am sorry you had to go thru somthing like that i hope it doesnt spoil your future walks i feel sorry for the staffie to with a idot like that for a owner and no training it just horrible to think what cud have happened :(

4. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

I think a word with the police is in order. You have the advantage of knowing where he lives and the dog knocked you over so definitely a police matter.
    There seem to be so many out of control dogs according to this forum (never seen one myself so cant really comment) that something has to be done and constant complaints to the police is probably the best way forward.

Glad none of you were hurt.

5. 2Cats2Dogs

2Cats2Dogs PetForums VIP

I don't understand why walkers feel the need to let their dogs off the lead when others are coming the other way. The guy is a total dipstick without a clue on how to handle his dogs. I know whenever I have my dogs off the lead and another walker and their dog/s appear I put mine on the lead. I am very confident my dogs won't inflame or provoke another dog or even bear aggression, but I am not fully confident about another walker and their dog and how they react to other dogs. It is simple common sense, or so you would think.

It is such a shame it was a staffie let down by another moronic owner. And for him trying to beat the **** out of the dog shows the lack on control he has.

6. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

I agree. And as you saw him hit his dog, a word with the RSPCA might also be in order. How can he expect his dog to come back next time when the first thing he did was hit it? If his brain were replaced by a turnip, it couldn't make him a worse dog owner.

7. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

Don't know why these dogs are always so keen on attacking other dogs instead of just greeting them in a friendly way. So unpredictable and should never be off lead around other dogs as they can do so much damage if they attack.

Glad your dogs are okay, just another statistic in Staffy attacks that make people all the more wary of the breed! :(

8. ouesi

ouesi Guest

Here we go again :rolleyes:

jbw54, glad your guys are okay.

9. hawksport

hawksport Banned

Don't you think that if we bred from the worst of the worst of any breed for the next 5 generations in the numbers Staffies are bred and then gave the resultant puppies to idiots the outcome would be the same?
    I'm suprised the situation isn't worse than it is and I'm sure it would be with a lot of breeds

#9 hawksport, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  10. LinznMilly

LinznMilly Moderator
    Staff Member

It's morons like that that give staffies a bad rep :( Glad you weren't hurt and agree with the others RE having a word with the police.

How on earth he expects to come back when called when the first thing he does is hit the dog for NOT coming back is beyond me :rolleyes:

11. kate_7590

kate_7590 PetForums VIP

Im so sorry you had your walk ruined by an idiot owner!
    I must admit that most of the horror stories of dogs attacking others seem to be staffies...which has made me very wary of staffies now... :(

12. tiatortilla

tiatortilla PetForums VIP

this is so unnecessary and insulting to staffy owners. what a load of rubbish.
    OP glad your dogs were okay.

13. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

wow, how scary!:( So glad your little guys weren't hurt. I would def agree with reporting it to the police. Maybe if he had apologised and taken control of his dog it would be a different matter but I dont see a moron like you described taking responsibility for his dogs actions without being forced to do so!:mad:

14. dexter12

dexter12 PetForums Senior

i got banned for a week for having digs at you and your attitude towards staffs! and yet you can keep digging about staffs and how bad they are bet you dont get banned! VIP club i see :dita:

15. hawksport

hawksport Banned

now that's not true is it

16. dexter12

thats how it started off, me carrying it on! so whats untrue about that? i have even got the email to say that if i dont drop it ill get a ban! so what am i lieing about>

17. hawksport

hawksport Banned

You were warned about that
    You were banned for starting a thread titled "A Forum Full Of C____S"

18. dexter12

well noone stated i was banned for that! i was told in an email if i dont drop it i will get banned, so maybe as a moderator you should make it more clear what people are actually banned for! and although i shouldnt of put a forum full i stick by that thread just should of named the people and not the whole forum
    but it all was srarted because of an idiot and her attitude and yet she can carry on talking ****! and noone tells her to drop it ay!

19. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Poor Staffies. I think they suffer from the same problem as JRTs TBH...They are cheap and easily available so are more likely to be bought by a certain type of person *cough*moron! Might not be a problem with a soft breed like a CKCS but can cause serious problems for an energetic, bouncy, fiesty terrier.:(

20. tiatortilla

tiatortilla PetForums VIP

so true. yet there's still some people who INSIST that it's simply the dogs fault. certain breeds do need better owners but the worst moron ever could own tia and she'd still be soppy as hell, so i really resent all these 'unpredictable' comments. anyway don't want to hijack the thread!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice