Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Lovely black & white cat seeks caring foster home for 3 months max

Discussion in 'Cat Rescue and Adoption' started by Dianabrst, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Dianabrst

Dianabrst PetForums Newbie

Kitty is very good natured and affectionate with an amazingly loud purr. She loves to be brushed and her only problem now is that I'm temporarily homeless or "between homes". Having sold my Paris flat, I haven't yet been able to buy something in Cambridgeshire. I am temporarily living with friends in Cambridge who have a dog so Kitty has to stay in my bedroom. She is very clean. I will of course provide food and litter. She is up-to-date with all vaccinations but is also having a thorough health check this week. Kitty will bring all her belongings with her (transport bag, scratch pad, litter house, basket, brushes and toys). She is not used to going outside but does enjoy surveying what is going on. Abandoned in France after giving birth to kittens at the age of 2, she then spent 2 years with several foster families where she often lived with other dogs and cats (and often ate their food as well as her own). I adopted her when she was 4 and after 5 years I don't want to have to abandon her to an uncertain fate. Happy to donate to charity and pay a small fee but unfortunately cannot afford the rather expensive cat fostering fees in the UK.

Attached Files:

2. kittih

kittih PetForums VIP

Is there a reason why she cant continue to stay in your bedroom ?

Giving her to strangers on the internet to look after is a big risk. Some members used to take in cats temporarily but unfortunately their kindness was abused so they no longer do so.

If you are.asking someone to look after your cat you should be prepared to reimburse all expenses including food, litter, worm and flea treatments as well as pay for vets bills and insurance.as the bare minimum.

3. Dianabrst

Oops. I thought this was a forum where members still took in cats temporarily but if this is not the case, then there's no point my posting on it. And of course I would be prepared to reimburse all expenses and provide everything the cat needs - as I specified in my post. I also mentioned that I would be prepared to pay a fee as well. However I shall delete the post as this forum is not what I thought it was. Thanks for letting me know anyway.

4. Dianabrst

She cannot stay in the bedroom I occupy because my friends don't want a cat in the house as they have a dog.

5. Jcatbird

Jcatbird PetForums Member

I think you posted in an okay place. I’m no expert here but I did relay your post to another person who had been looking to help a kitty. Perhaps you will hear something. Unless someone I’m charge tells you to remove this or instructs you in some way to put it in anktger arsa, I would leave it. The issue is that many times when people try to help by fostering they get stuck with a kitty, sick kitty or other problem when they thought it was just a temporary thing. Sad that others can ruin things for those who are trying to do something good. I hope you can find help. If your kitty is spayed or neutered then maybe your friends will come to understand that the kitty causes no trouble in the house. I understand they may not like a litter box but if you have one with a top and keep it scooped often, that should not be an issue either. I’ll be hoping they understand that you love your kitty just as they love their dogs.

raysmyheart and chillminx like this.
  6. kittih

kittih PetForums VIP

Its fine to post your request here. We have had quite a few similar requests in the past and when people have offered to help they have found themselves left with abandoned cats and severely out of pocket so now many people who have offered before are very reluctant to offer again no matter how genuine the requests and offers of payment are.

If you do get offers to help you will (as I am sure you will) need to make sure you vet the people who offer thoroughly and its a good idea to get any agreements in writing so everything is clear.

It is a shame your friend isnt able to let you keep your cat on your room.with you until you find somewhere to live.

Good luck and I hope you find somewhere perfect for you and Kitty soon.

Jcatbird likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice