UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fave ever photo - circa 1934 my lovely dad with one or two of his brothers, he got quite a few sisters too (11 children all told but this is just some of the lads). My son as a littly was spit of the 3rd one from the left.

Oops no pic, will have another go

·
Registered
7,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dad is the 4th one from the left so he was abour 4 then -the two littlies at the end had real bad asthma thats why a bit weedy but they in their 80's now and still with us :) from the left is my uncle bill he was eldest of all, Was a sniper in the war in Belgium - its for him I war a red poppy he gone now but I liked him loads was a nicegentle man (not a gentleman, a gentle man - came back from the war with a bad stammer but never had it when talking to any of us kiddies).

Next from left is uncle roger my dads proper fav bros he adored him, he wanted to join the RAF but made to go down the pit. Rest were too young but made to go either down the pit or into farming. the 3rd one my uncle russell which my son looks like - hope he doesn't take after him bit strange but very musical could play any instrument by ear. In amongst them lots of sisters too. Dads eldest sister Jenny is now 90, she is ace she always had asthma too but she looks about 70. They all pretty country bumpkin eccentric but good folks:001_wub:

·
Registered
7,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your uncle Roger looked like a bit of a scamp :D
Think he was, most likely why dad adored him :D

They had some evacuees from London at their school, one thought it was good idea to pick on my dad so uncle Rog being big bros well he pushed kids head through the school railings and evacuee got a bit stuck :eek:. Headmaster was called - quietly asked what had gone on, dads lot were actually seen as a nice well behaved family and though rather poor were dead clever! Family legend has it he said, "ah you do not pick on a Goodwin young man because there is always another much bigger brother right around the corner, there are rather a lot of them" :) He never got picked on again:D

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Awww what lovely pics you have posted, your boy is so like your dad! :) I love looking back at old photos and taking a stroll down memory lane.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.