Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Lots of licking?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by caterpiller, May 9, 2020.

1. caterpiller

caterpiller No thoughts, head empty.

Hello there! Hope everyone is doing ok :) . I was rewatching the videos of the pups today (social distancing so can't see them in person)
    and noticed that the mother dog was licking the little male (coming home in 3 weeks!) a lot more than the others in pretty much every video.

Anybody know why? Also, is this normal or something to be concerned about? (He seems normal but is a little more wobbly than the others). I've heard of the mum rejecting pups if they're too weak but this doesn't seem like what's happening? picture attached is of pups! Not sure which one he is in this one! Thanks for reading and hopefully replying! 20200509_185007.jpg

2. Hi there, I really do not know the reason why the mother should pick on one puppy and give it more licks than the others. You say this pup seems more wobbly than the others and I am wondering if the mother recognises this pup needs more attention, just a thought, absolutely unqualified. I would like to think that when you get him home he will thrive under your love and care. I wish you well.

caterpiller and Linda Weasel like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice