Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Lots of Blood!!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by wylde99, Jul 10, 2019.

1. wylde99

wylde99 PetForums Member

Girlfriend and I have woken up this morning to what looks like a massacre, our bed sheet had a huge pool of Blood, then there was drops and trails of blood going all around the Flat, down the stairs and outside by the front door.

We instantly thought the worst but I went out and called for Ralph and he came home but I can see in his eyes something isn't quite right, weird thing is he is eating fine and walking fine but he is taking his time jumping off the bed and he meows if I touch his back right leg although there is no clear bleeding anywhere in his body at all, very strange.

Taking him to the Vet the first appointment we can get today so will post back later what the Vet says but until then does anyone know what could of happened?

Some blood on his face too so maybe a nice bleed but he may of just sniffed the Blood already there.

Thanks for any help

2. Summercat

Summercat PetForums VIP

Something similar happened to my cat. I think it is, if the area near the nail or paw pad is injured there is a lot of bleeding, even if a minor injury.
    I took our cat to the vet and if I recall correctly, she applied cream to the area and there was no more bleeding. But the amount of blood in the flat did look like the injury was more serious.

Edit, I could not see the injury when I looked but he has very fluffy paws, the vet did determine which paw it was. Very slight cut probably from an item on my husbands desk he accidentally jumped on.

Soozi likes this.
  3. wylde99

wylde99 PetForums Member

Yer that makes sence as my Girlfriend when checking him over touched his back right leg and he meowed, honestly there was so much blood we thought he had been hit by a car or something.

I have just checked everyone of his claws though and they all seem fine, very odd, but will feel better once he's been checked.

Soozi likes this.
  4. wylde99

wylde99 PetForums Member

As you can see he is feelink OK enough for Belly rubs lol

Attached Files:

Soozi likes this.
  5. Treaclesmum

Treaclesmum PetForums VIP

Definitely get him checked out by a Vet ASAP, as if he has been hit by a car, he may have more serious internal injuries. My cat Treacle lost loads of blood from his nose after being hit by a car, and in his case it was fatal. I hope yours is ok.

6. psychund

psychund PetForums Junior

That's very jarring to wake up to. I hope he's okay

7. vivien

vivien PetForums VIP

I agree with @Treaclesmum. He needs to see a vet as soon as possible. One way to see if he’s been hit by a car is to check his claws. If they are scuffed or worn down then it’s very likely. Cats are very good at hiding pain or how ill they are. Please let us know you get on at the vet with him. Could you not get an emergency appointment?

Viv xx

chillminx and Treaclesmum like this.
  8. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Nothing really to add ,you are doing the sensible thing having him seen by your vet asap .
    Hope he is okay ,please keep us posted .

Soozi and psychund like this.
  9. Soozi

Soozi PetForums VIP

^^^ Agree!

10. wylde99

wylde99 PetForums Member

Sorry everyone! Hectic afternoon and that wasn't even Ralph haha!

All OK, Vet was a little confused to what exactly caused it but narrowed it down to a Fight with something and got bitten, it's on the inside of his left leg, said he's lucky as it was so close to his Femoral Artery but 2 Injections, some pain meds and £120 later he's home safe and sound, thanks for the help guys.

11. Soozi

Soozi PetForums VIP

So pleased he's OK and been treated that could have been very nasty. :)

12. Cully

Cully PetForums VIP

Very relieved he's ok. Thank goodness you took him to the vet for antibiotics. Hope he's over the attack, whoever/whatever it was.

13. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Thanks for the update , poor lad I wonder what he was up to.
    Keep a close eye on the wound incase it becomes infected as cat bites can be quite nasty.

14. wylde99

wylde99 PetForums Member

Thanks everyone, my Girlfriend has just cleaned it with some warm salt water on advice from the Vet, we will do that twice a day, he's being very cuddly at the moment think he's loving the attention lol

SbanR, buffie and Cully like this.
  15. Willow_Warren

Willow_Warren PetForums Senior

Wishing Ralph a speedy recovery (I'm sure he'll milk all the extra attention as much as he can;))

16. jill3

jill3 PetForums VIP

Glad he is ok. Thanks for letting us know x

17. vivien

vivien PetForums VIP

Thank you for the update. I’m glad he’s ok. Get well soon Ralf.

Viv xx

18. huckybuck

huckybuck Feline Forum Fashionista

So glad he’s been seen and all ok. Cat bites can be really nasty so you def did the right thing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice