Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

lost purse

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Carla-Jade, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Carla-Jade

Carla-Jade PetForums VIP

i had to see my lady about counselling today- i parked outside her house & when i came out i had to see to willow as she was panting heavily (she was not locked in the car or by herslef i must stress- my dad was with them)

she stuck her head out of the window so as i went to give her a cuddle, i placed my purse on top of the car foor :)rolleyes: could i get more stupid?) si half way home it hit me- id lost my purse :eek: i was devestated. not only was it an expensive purse, but it had my last £80 in, the post office card i use to pay my bills with, a credit card, a debit card, BACP membership card to prove im a proper member of the counselling board, my driving licence & some loyalty cards. i was furious with myself for such an act of stupidity

i went back to the ladys house, we both looked for it, dad was with me too- retraced the whole journey & i was out of luck. devestated was not the word. i went back to parents house for a bit & when i got home a neighbour came out to see me asking if i lost my purse. imagine my face. a cyclist who was riding home from sellafield found it, took it home & his wife knew me! i used to work with her!! how inanely lucky was i?! it was in the gutter on the main road- i must have missed it. so happy there are some good people out there after alll

JULIE: if you hear of a fella at work talk about it tomorrow- hes married to a lady called Val, let me know who it is so i can call them please. the neighbour has forgotten what they were callled. i worked with 2 people called Val but the name isnt ringing a bell with them so im trying to discover who the gentleman is. cheers chick x

2. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

wow that lucky nice you got it back:)

3. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

I have done that a few times, even putting box of shopping on top and driving off lolol So glad to know there are honest people out there, nice ending to a worrying day xxx

4. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

wow...you are one lucky lady...its lovely to here that there is honest people about isn't...i will keep my ears open for you x

at first i thought you were going to say willow ate your purse :lol: :lol: the money the lot :eek:

5. Carla-Jade

Carla-Jade PetForums VIP

thank you :) im soooo happy its practically unheard of such a massive coincidence!

6. Carla-Jade

Carla-Jade PetForums VIP

thanks :D im so relieved, i could have kicked the hell out of myself for being so silly- a purse of all things to do it with!! yeah i can relax now. ive called the lady who helped me look- her hubby is delighted too :D xxx

7. Carla-Jade

Carla-Jade PetForums VIP

i will never be as lucky again!! cheers, id love to be able to thank them.

:lol: she has had away with cash before- she seems to like money! :eek: wouldnt have surprised me really! xx

8. smudgiesmummy

smudgiesmummy PetForums VIP

wow, that was very lucky ... so glad u got it back :D

9. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

Thats great you got it back. I done it with a petrol cap, and had to go retrieve it off a hugely busy roundabout :/

10. Carla-Jade

Carla-Jade PetForums VIP

hugely lucky! would have kissed them if id been home.... might have scared them away though :tongue_smilie:

11. davidc

davidc PetForums VIP

Last year, I lost my phone. But I rang it and someone picked it up. They left it with security at my sisters block. It was nice to get my phone back.
    It wasn't nice when it droppped out of a bag on my bike and landed in a puddle and got ruined. :eek:

12. Carla-Jade

Carla-Jade PetForums VIP

ouch! i bet that was a bad place to loose it! i saw a poor emaciated greyhound wandering past on a busy roundabout today too. such a shame i couldnt get to poor little thing to help

13. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

Yep as it is considered the worst roundabout for traffic by here! It was a locking one so I wa bent on getting it back :D

14. Carla-Jade

Carla-Jade PetForums VIP

that was good luck! well, apart from the puddle :eek:

15. Carla-Jade

Carla-Jade PetForums VIP

hahaha i bet you were keen to get it back! glad you got it :D

16. poohdog

poohdog PetForums VIP

Lucky you with the purse..

Years ago shopping with the wife I drove home about a mile...on the way a bloke flashed me so I did the usual check of indicators etc and gave him a filthy look....then another driver waved his arm at me...I gave him the finger and said to the wife 'What's up with that pillock he had plenty of room'

I got home to find a box of groceries still on the roof held on by the roof rack :blushing:....wish I could have met those drivers again to apologise...Whoops!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice