Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

lost my gorgeous little man and im heartbroken

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by hayleyb24, Apr 30, 2011.

1. hayleyb24

hayleyb24 PetForums Member

Well My ginger Tom Tigger hadnt seemed himself for a few days and started to breath heavily so on the 27th made an appointment with the pdsa for 4.20pm and took him in and he listened to his chest took his temp and gave him 2 jabs and told us to come back the next day so got home about 5 oclock and from the then on he just layed on the kitchen floor which was unlike him as he was so active and only 10 months old so at about 6ish he started gagging and reaching and there was a sort of high pitch screech so we decided to take him back as he was getting worse got to the vets at about 7 - 7.30 and he was really struggling to breath and breathing with his mouth open wide so they took him in and said they were gunna do an x-ray and some bloods so left and got home at about 8 only to get a phonecall at 8.20 to say they had found fluid on his lungs and it was blood and he just stopped breathing and passed away. we picked him up on the 28th and buried him in my mums back garden as we live in flats, he looked so peaceful. i miss him sooo much its like having your heart ripped out he was my baby im constantly crying all the time (sorry for the long post)

2. 912142

912142 PetForums VIP

Oh don't be sorry it is totally understandable. Such a sad story of one so young. I know you won't think so just now but time is a great healer and when you feel the time is right you will be able to open your heart to another who needs your love.

3. danielled

danielled Guest

I'm so sorry.:( RIP little one.

4. hayleyb24

Thank you and i just feel so bad and so guilty as i should have done more and now hes no here x

5. claire & the gang

claire & the gang PetForums Senior

So sorry to read your sad news...try not to blame yourself, it sounds as if you did all you could for him...you took him back to the vet the same day when he got worse & tried your best to get him help.
    Its especially sad to lose one so young but it sounds like he had a very much loved if short life {{hug}}

6. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

I'm so so sorry :(

Hugs to you and run free tiny, loved puss xxxx

7. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

So sorry for the sad loss of your kitten :(
    RIP Tigger. Hope you're chasing butterflies over the Rainbow Bridge

8. jill3

jill3 PetForums VIP

So sorry for your loss.
    You did your best. You took him to the vet.
    Try not to keep blaming yourself. I think we always think if only we could have done more.
    It's a awefull thing to happen and crying is part of the bereavement you are going through.
    I hope soon happy memories of him will bring back some smiles.
    Many years ago we were in a simlar situation to you and we lost our 10 year old.
    Friends helped and also being on this forum too. I did adopt another little furry friend a few months later and that helped me.

R.I.P Tigger and run free at Rainbow Bridge xx

9. hayleyb24

Thank you all for your support and kind words he was very very much loved, he was such a character and just one of a kind he was really good with my kids and just loved all attention, the worse part was when i let our other 2 boys in last night from the balcony there was only 2 not 3 and i think thats when it finally hit me that hes reallty gone and theres nothing i can do about it :crying: :crying: :crying:

10. jayne5364

jayne5364 PetForums VIP

It's natural to feel sad hun, don't feel bad about that. You got him help from the vets and you loved him dearly. That's so much more than some poor souls get in their life.

11. hayleyb24

just constantly feels like i didnt do enough, maybe he would still be alive if i took him the day before x

12. Lulus mum

Lulus mum PetForums VIP

Hi Hayley
    So sad to read what has happened to your lovely boy and can understand just how you feel.
    Have sent you a Private message

Hope your Tigger and my Lulu are happy together at Rainbow Bridge,free from pain
    Take care
    Maureen

13. hayleyb24

Thank you so much i just cant stop cryin im so scared to even have a bath cause he used to sit at the end of the bath and play with the bubbles, it just seems so unfair why him x

14. Kitty_pig

Kitty_pig PetForums VIP

Hayley Im so sorry to hear your news. I think you did everything you possibly could to help him, and thankfully he went peacefully. Please try not to blame yourself. Remember how much he touched your life, but dont forget you also undoubtedly touched his. He was very lucky to have you.

RIP lil man, watch over your mummy xxx

15. hayleyb24

Thank you i knew he loved me as he only every wanted his mummy and i loved it and the more love i gave him the more i got back and he really did completelt touch me from the first day i had him x x thank you everyone for all yoour support x x

16. petwend

petwend PetForums Newbie

I feel your pain and do not blame yourself it is all part of grieving process, i did it myself when i lost my dog last month. I still hurt now but realise he is free of his illness . its early days just remember the happy times your shared with him and stay strong.

RIP Tigger x

17. hayleyb24

Thank you all x

18. Sacremist

Sacremist Mum to 2 cats and a dog

I'm so sorry.

19. hayleyb24

i just cant believe how painful it is ive never felt pain like it

20. Di13

Di13 PetForums Junior

So sorry for your loss, I completely understand what your going through, I lost my beautiful dog on the 15th april and am finding it very difficult to come to terms with, there are some very kind people on this site and they are really helping me. Take care.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice