Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Lost kittens WALTHAMSTOW

Discussion in 'Lost and Found Cats' started by CatCrazy777, Aug 24, 2018.

1. CatCrazy777

CatCrazy777 PetForums Newbie

Unbelievably, my partners sister came home from work to find that the Landlord had thrown into the garden her 3, 11 week old kittens because she was 'taking too long to sale them'. I urge people to please look out for them if they are local to the Walthamstow, East London area. Also if anyone is buying kittens online, please also look out for them, as I don't know if it is likely that they have been picked up by someone who is looking to sale them. They were all wearing little brown collars at the time.
    I also wanted to ask if people think that the kittens would have been able to go far themselves? Is it likely that they have wandered off themselves? And if they have is it possible that they will be able to find there own way back home?
    Here are some pictures of the kittens. Jackson has a distinctive little black spot on his nose, which may help identify him. Some of the pictures are a little outdated as the kittens are 11 weeks now.

WhatsApp Image 2018-08-24 at 12.54.23 AM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2018-08-24 at 12.54.23 AM (1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2018-08-24 at 12.54.23 AM (2).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2018-08-24 at 12.54.24 AM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2018-08-24 at 12.54.24 AM (1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2018-08-24 at 12.54.42 AM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2018-08-15 at 3.33.28 AM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2018-08-15 at 3.32.13 AM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2018-07-27 at 11.02.33 AM.jpeg

2. kittih

kittih PetForums VIP

Did the landlord actually throw them out or was that his account and he has perhaps removed them ? Were they microchipped ?

If they were put outside they may well be hiding. If they were found then perhaps they were passed to rescue or kept. Its worth contacting all rescues vets and neighbours to ask.

Why was the landlord wanting them out, was she not allowed pets ? If so how long had he given her to rehome them ? Whilst it wasn't at all appropriate to throw the cats out if she got them in contravention of her tenancy I can understand the landlords frustration with their presence.

3. CatCrazy777

Unfortunately, no they weren't microchipped. A thorough search of the garden has taken place, as well as door knocking urging neighbours to check their gardens too. Enquiries have been made at all local rescues. And we regularly search websites that advertise kittens for sale. I'm not too sure why the landlord wanted them gone, as the house does allow pets - she has a cat already.

4. kittih

kittih PetForums VIP

That's very strange behaviour on the landlords part then. Did the landlord definitely throw them out or could they have taken them ? It's a shame they weren't micro chipped as it will be impossible to prove any kittens located were theirs. :(

Calvine likes this.
  5. CatCrazy777

Its certainly a possibility that the landlord may have kept them for himself. And do you think that even with pictures it would still be hard to prove who they originally belonged to?

6. kittih

kittih PetForums VIP

The photos may help. Though kittens appearance does change as they grow so I guess it depends how soon they are located. Were they neutered ?

7. CatCrazy777

No they weren't neutered either:Inpain

8. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

@CatCrazy777: Keep trying Gumtree (it sounds as tho' you are doing that) and you could also try Nextdoor, the local community forum which has a lost and found section. At 11 weeks old, she surely can't have had them very long. One appears to have a collar . . . does it have an ID tag? I find it strange that he was even able to catch all three to evict them. Most kittens would be skittish and run and hide if a strange man approached them. How long ago did this happen?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice