Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Lost bunny in York area

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by gloworm*mushroom, Apr 23, 2011.

1. gloworm*mushroom

gloworm*mushroom PetForums VIP

Hello

I have just spend all afternoon chasing a bunny along the riverside. Definitely a pet at one point as she is very tame, although jittery. Couldnt leave her out there to starve or be nommed by foxes.

If you know of anyone in the York area who has lost a bunny, PM me with a description of the lost bunny and I will see if it is yours! Not sexed yet as I dont want to stress them out too much :)

Martha x

2. jemma_79

jemma_79 PetForums VIP

Aww, hope you find the owner. We've rescued two bunnies in York - I helped a neighbour catch one a few years ago and we caught a few months ago- they were both sent to the RSPCA in York.

3. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

Well done for catchin bun, hope you find the owner or a nice home :)

4. gloworm*mushroom

Did you advertise them anywhere before they went to the RSPCA? id rather keep him until I found a new home than send him there. Poor bunny, hes very tame.

5. jemma_79

jemma_79 PetForums VIP

Well, the first bunny was taken by a neighbour, but the second we asked on the street and facebook. Gumtree may be a good place. But we already have two bunnies and couldn't keep hold of him. The RSPCA were very good though. They said they don't get many bunnies. They checked, weighed and sexed him while we were there. Then said they'd neuter him and put him with a female ready for a new home. It just stopped me from worrying about him in the wild. My neighbour lost two piggies and a bun and another neighbour lost a bunny - we think foxes as we're close to open fields on the edge of York.

6. BeagleOesx

BeagleOesx PetForums VIP

Well done for rescuing bunny. I hope you are successful in finding his/her owner soon.

7. gloworm*mushroom

I have two already but I can squash one more in. I contacted the Clifton branch of the RSPCA recently and they told me they were full with a 2 month waiting list :S So hes staying with me.

Someone has their eye on him should we not find his owner already! lol :p

Ive put posts on facebook and a sign in my flat window, and will maybe put some on lamposts on nearby streets (dont know if thats allowed...) and will tell the RSPCA I have it in case anyone asks them

Martha x

8. jemma_79

jemma_79 PetForums VIP

Aw, sounds like you're really trying for him. Glad someone has their eye on him! We just took bun to RSPCA without ringing, though we did email them to alert them that one had been sighted before we caught him. It was around for weeks before we caught him. The RSPCA offered equipment to help catch him but we did it without. I thought waiting lists were for those poor bunnies who are being given up by their actual owners. Folk on facebook are spreading the work. I'll message you if I hear anything. Good luck and well done.

9. gloworm*mushroom

Ah maybe. Ive emailed the RSPCA and the dog warden (animal warden, it said animal welfare person) just to say if anyone contacts them, ive got a bunny, but still not giving any details :)

Im still a bit upset as one dog walker thought she had seen 2 whereas another said she only saw one. Im worried theres another bunny out there. I hope if there is he gets found by someone, or I can find him. if theyve come from the same place Id hate for them to be split :(

10. jemma_79

jemma_79 PetForums VIP

Oh no, bet you are worried. Hope there is only only one bunny. Or, if not, one safe is better than none. Are you posting a rabbit found ad on Gumtree? You can add an email contact to that easily. Have you posted on other bunny forums? British Bunnies own site or its Facebook? You've probs already done these things.

11. gloworm*mushroom

Ooh no not British Bunnies, or Gumtree. Ill go do both those now.

Ive posted on RabbitsUnited (the forum attached to rabbit rehome) made a FB status on my own page and also posted in a group which offers pets for rehoming and for sale (though those posts are usually 'any1 gt any kittens free to gud home?' but not judging....)

Ill go post on those 2 places.

12. jemma_79

jemma_79 PetForums VIP

Cool. A black lop was just found yesterday in Osbaldwick on Gumtree I see. A kid I teach lost his puppy a few weeks ago and someone found him. Hope your bunny find has a happy hoppy ending. What a time to find bunnies, Easter. Poor bunnies.

13. gloworm*mushroom

Posted on gumtree (awaiting approval) and on british bunnies. Looks like theres a hell of a lot of spam on the british bunnies site :(

Fingers crossed. He is such a lovely tame bunny, hasnt eaten anything yet though, except a bit of carrot :)

14. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

I've been dreading reading this thread all night in case you hadn't caught him and I'd have been so worried for him out there.

I'm ever so glad you've got him :)

Em
    xx

15. gloworm*mushroom

Yup hes not my bunny but hes safe and warm with lots of food and water, good thing as well as I think were gonna have a storm overnight! Ive spammed the internet with adverts for him so hopefully his family will see one! x

16. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

I'd have been the same and followed him all day, I'd probably be out there still :lol:

I feel so much better now I've read the thread and I know he's snuggled up :D

Shall rep you tomorrow for bunny rescuing :D
    xx

17. gloworm*mushroom

One of the dog walkers said he thought he had seen two white ones, but the two ladies who were helping me and who had spotted the bun first only saw the one. I walked up and down a couple of times to see if I could find the second, but no luck :(

If there had been a confirmed sighting of a second I would have stayed out a bit longer looking but there might not have been two :( I hope there wasnt.

18. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

Aye I saw the post :( You've done exactly what you can do and, sadly, above and beyond what most would. Very lucky day for the little hopper xxxx

19. jemma_79

jemma_79 PetForums VIP

Very true. Call him 'Hopper!' How is he today? Has he eaten yet? Hope the storm didn't scare him. It wasn't too bad in my part of York.

20. gloworm*mushroom

I have called him Tramp! :) he is eating and pooing fine. So tame too. No response to anything yet...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice