Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

losing a foal

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by Cazza525, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Cazza525

Cazza525 PetForums Newbie

Hi there, just thought i'd come on here and chat about my mare losing a foal yesterday. It was stillborn. I'm devastated.

2. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

Ah mate thats so sad not only for you but the mare she must wonder where her baby is. So sorry to hear your news try and keep your chin up at this very hard time my thoughts are with you. And rip little one. xxx

3. Cazza525

Thankyou so much. Mare is actually fine in herself today,just running loads of milk. I phoned foaling bank,but nothing down in my area, only Shropshire. I walked her out today, as gentle exercise apparently speeds up the drying-up process. It's me who it has hit harder!!

4. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

Awwww so sorry, must be awful for you and your mare.

5. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

Im really sorry to hear this..you must be heart broken..Im sure your girl will be just fine..take things slow and eay just dont change er rountine to much as it will confuse her..

Please keep us updated on you mare!! :(

6. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

You have condolances :( :(

So sad. Thinking of you and your mare xx

Run Free little one.....xxx

7. Cazza525

Thankyou so much for kind words, it means a lot. Nature is very cruel sometimes, and i must admit i am surprised how quickly mare has bounced back.........i'm sure it was only me who had a sleepless night last night! (it happened yesterday afternoon).

8. lilacbabe

lilacbabe PetForums Member

How awfull for you and your mare I hope she is ok.

Had a friend who lost her Clydesdale foal when it was 4-6 mnt old they dont know what went wrong.

Were there complications with the foaling ? or was it just natures way of saying something was not quite right as this can happen.:crying:
    what ever it was I feel for you and your mare.

chin up and make a fuss of your mare for me :)

9. Cazza525

All seemed very normal. Lively foal through pregnancy. A cow escaped into field 2 weeks ago which made them rush round and then an hour later i realised she was lame. I had vet out who said she'd bruised her sole. It was poulticed for 3` days in field and she came sound. She was happy throughout(no bute administered). I must admit, i haven't seen foal move since that time, although it was so late in the game, thats not unusual either. Just mother nature i guess!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice