Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Loose stools

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Mickkee, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Mickkee

Mickkee PetForums Newbie

I've got a 12 year old staff (bitch) recently she has been having a few problems with diaria and blood in her stools..
    Up until now she has never been vaccinated and never been ill in her life.. I'm off on holiday for 2 weeks and she for the first time has to go to kennels so in the last months I had to give her the awful vaccinations and kennel cough.. shortly after the second vacination she became unwell with diaria.. alot of scrapping her bum in the floor and then fresh blood in her stools. After freaking out she has been to and from the vets.. who gave her some kinda of powder to put in her food and a soft food too for her, this was about 2 weeks ago.. this started to work (she still scraped her bum along the floor but has done this all her life) but in the last 2 day it's started to happen again.. also I notice when this happens she drinks alot of water and very very unlike her wets her self :( other than that she isn't being sick.. eats well.. plays well, gums healthy and walks well. The vet who I use has been the same vet she has had since she was 6 weeks old and always says how healthy she looks.. on the last visit they felt her stomach and said it was nice and soft, also her anul glands were fine.. I also wormed her to 2 weeks ago.
    Any more advise here ?
    Thanks

2. danielled

danielled Guest

@SusieRainbow I believe this would have better luck in dog health and nutrition?

3. Mickkee

Mickkee PetForums Newbie

This is the first time I've used one of the message boards.. please delete and please except my appoligies.. i didn't realise I shouldn't of written.

SusieRainbow likes this.
  4. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

No need for apologies, there are different parts of the forum, that are busier and tend to get more notice and replys, I also don't know how the whole thing works after years on here:D

5. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Administrator
    Staff Member

Please, no need for apologies, now moved for you. Hopefully you will get more replies.
    Welcome to the forum.

danielled likes this.
  6. danielled

danielled Guest

You can post threads and post on others threads. This was originally in forum help and suggestions which is for help with the forum or making suggestions for the forum, so I tagged a mod and it was moved to the correct section. No need to apologise.

7. danielled

danielled Guest

Bear in mind we moved from vbulletin a few years back. Though I sort of knew where a few things were before we moved anyway due to testing.

8. danielled

danielled Guest

Well said. It was a very minor thing, just a simple matter of oops wrong section and the thread was simply shifted over to sog health and nutrition.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice