Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Looking to buy a dog barrier/guard for new Audi A3 car please??

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by bootcutboy, Mar 12, 2013.

1. bootcutboy

bootcutboy PetForums Junior

Hi All, my girlfriend has just got an Audi A3 from work as a company car and we want to travel with the pooch in the boot so we need a dog barrier/guard.

I was just wondering if anyone can recommend a good one for an Audi A3 sportback please? We want one that is going to fit properly and not ruin the car, also if it is reasonably priced would help a lot!

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give :thumbsup:

2. Wiz201

Wiz201 PetForums VIP

Barjo sell them for all makes of cars but they're rather pricey. You could go to the Audi dealer and see if they sell one for that model?

3. Pointermum

Pointermum PetForums VIP

4. Wiz201

Wiz201 PetForums VIP

a dog guard is essential for protection in the event of an accident though. A mat although useful for other things would not help.

5. mollydog07

mollydog07 PetForums VIP

Would advise ebay! my girls are quite comfy in the passenger seat of my audi a3! i just put a towel down,,,,,then again they are shitzus!

6. missnaomi

missnaomi PetForums VIP

Hatchbag is great...will protect the whole boot, then a dog guard to keep the dog safely in the back.

I used to have an A3 and got this guard Audi A3 Sportback 5 Door (2012-) but mine was the older version. There is one for each car model, they're great quality and very secure. They also require no car modifications whatsoever and are secure and easy to fit.

I have swapped the car for a Honda and bought the version for that too as I was very pleased with it.

7. Redice

Redice PetForums Senior

8. Wiz201

Wiz201 PetForums VIP

That looks a good one I'll keep that in mind for my June lake district trip. I have one with the legs that extend to the bottom but it doesn't leave much room for the dogs.

9. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

I think by stating 'also' pointermum meant a mat to keep the boot clean in addition to a dog guard!

10. Wiz201

Wiz201 PetForums VIP

oops very easy for me to misread sentences I'm afraid.

11. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Just made me chuckle trying to imagine how a boot liner would be used as a dog guard ;).

12. Kabazzi

Kabazzi PetForums Newbie

https://www.caninefinds.com/best-dog-barriers/ They are cheap and easy to find. Some parks even make them available to dog handlers in their park. Put your hand inside the bag. Then pick up the poop thru the bag, so your hand does not touch it, but the bag does. Then turn the bag inside out so the poop is inside the bag and your hand is not. Tie the bag opening in a knot and throw it away in the nearest trash receptacle. Easy Peasy.

#12 Kabazzi, Sep 19, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  13. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

The dog guard that was asked about seven and a half years ago is the sort that keeps the dog in the back of the car - obvious if you read the post properly.
    No details of how to use a poo bag were requested. We all know that.

14. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

As I started reading I was wondering why parks would make car accessories available!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice