Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Looking to buy a baby chinchilla :)

Discussion in 'Chinchillas' started by Simon Headington, May 19, 2020.

1. Simon Headington

Simon Headington PetForums Newbie

Hello everyone! :) I trying to purchase a baby chinchilla for my girlfriend who is a veterinary nurse who loves animals! Im hoping someone can give me a helping hand too point me in the right direction :) i live around east/west Sussex but I'm willing to travel 2hours max. Looking for either a breeder or possible seller! Before you ask i have already searched the internet and haven't had much luck :(

2. Arny

Arny PetForums Senior

Contact the national chinchilla society, they may be able to point in the direction of your closest breeders.
    Bare in mind that chinchillas shouldn't be sold in the current circumstances (its only been made clear that dog and cat breeders can and even then mostly if they run as a business).
    The youngest a chinchilla should be for rehoming is 12 weeks and their character is more known the older they are.
    Being young has little baring on how they accept you/taming etc. kits are often crazy little things.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice