Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Looking for new clumping litter

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by MissMiloKitty, Feb 11, 2019.

1. MissMiloKitty

MissMiloKitty PetForums VIP

I cant use world's best because she will eat it. I tried Cats best original but it tracked very badly and there would be tiny little clumps in the tray that were impossible to scoop out. Ive just tried Cats best Smart pellets and the tracking is minimal and the clumps are much better but today I came home and was greeted by the smell of wee even though there was nothing in the tray.
    Can anyone recommend a clumping litter that ticks all the boxes please :)

2. shingigz

shingigz PetForums Member

I don't think there is one that ticks all boxes. I prefer to use Catsan Smart Packs (non-clumping, although I think they do a clumping one). It tracks a bit like they all do. It is low-dust and non-fragrant. I scoop out the poo and the wee stays there and doesn't smell until it is changed a week later (for one cat).

Her claws sometimes catch up in the liner as she's scratching about and burying - that's when I know it's time to clip them.

3. MissMiloKitty

Thanks, I was using Catsan clay non clumping for a long time but I found that I had to replace the entire litter every night. The upside of course is the lack of odour

4. shingigz

Did you use the Smart Packs - the ones with a liner that soaks up the urine?

5. Rufus15

Rufus15 ~ Orrono Maine Coons ~

I loooooove Super Benek Corn. Tried all the other clumping brands on zooplus, and this beats them all hands down for me.

It does track, but nowhere near as much

6. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave PetForums VIP

Using Worlds Best red pack, extra strength, with a microfibre bathmat at the entrance to each tray. The bathmats used to be an IKEA item but I've seen very similar ones in ASDA. A Litter-Lifter Original scoop gets nearly all the wee lumps out.

original-dove-grey-litter-lifter-330px.jpg

Summercat likes this.
  7. MilleD

MilleD PetForums VIP

I use Tigerino Canada. I've tried a few different ones recently because of Zooplus's additional parcel costs but none seem to compare. It does track a bit though.

8. MissMiloKitty

No, I used the regular one. I wasn't sure what the smart packs one were

9. MissMiloKitty

OK thanks. I was just looking at Tigerino. I can live with tracking. ☺

10. MissMiloKitty

I just knew world's best would be the best, but this problem with her eating it meant that I had to throw the lot away :(

11. shingigz

I was going to try this, but unfortunately I have a chihuahua/Dyson cross, and he even eats gravel litter when he gets the chance.

12. gskinner123

gskinner123 PetForums VIP

I really like the Tigerino fine clumping litters; they tick more boxes than any other for me.

However, as a breeder, I get through a lot of cat litter and have been trying to keep Zooplus' service fee to a minimum (Tigerino is extremely heavy).

Like Rufus15, I also really like Super Benek Corn Cat (not the scented one which is more expensive). It's economical, clumps well and has very little odour. It looks exactly like Oko Plus but being heavier it tracks less. To minimise tracking even more, I sometimes mix it with Aldi dirt cheap clumping grit litter and it works pretty well for me

MissMiloKitty likes this.
  13. ebonycat

ebonycat PetForums VIP

I’m another one that uses & loves Super Benek, the normal one not the scented one x

14. Summercat

Summercat PetForums VIP

I use Almo Nature.
    I have a litter mat from Trixie and tracking is much less.
    The tray is also covered and has a vent at the front to catch litter.
    I use a similar scoop to @OrientalSlave, works great. Just got a new one for the other tray.
    FEAFA4DD-632D-419A-9CA8-26F47B0356EB.png 49B0F8F4-6D3B-47F9-9D41-A531F4148CFC.jpeg

15. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

I have Super Benek Corn but find it a bit dusty, and not perfect at hiding pee odours, i.e. after scooping pee twice a day there still seems to be a residual odour of urine emanating from the tray. I find Worlds Best much better on both counts.

16. MissMiloKitty

I knew World's best would be the best but she will eat it. When I removed the tray she was crying as if I'd just removed food from her. Strange cat lol

chillminx likes this.
  17. MissMiloKitty

That looks like a good mat, good size. I will buy one of those spades, just what I need

18. MilleD

MilleD PetForums VIP

I have the same mat in grey, I think it was from B&M. It gets really full of litter so must be doing it's job.

19. alixtaylor

alixtaylor PetForums VIP

We use Greenwoods Natural Clumping Litter, which is very similar to Cats Best, but I find it much less dusty and longer lasting. Clumps really well and good odour control, however does track.

We use a Petmate Open Top Litter Tray and a mat, which really helps keep the tracking under control.

20. Blaise in Surrey

Blaise in Surrey PetForums VIP

I use Nature’s Calling, available without delivery charges from Amazon. It clumps beautifully (funny word to use about cat litter!) so that I rarely have to replace the whole tray. It’s not at all dusty (made from coconut shell I think) and doesn’t have the weird smell that some litters give off. Does track a bit though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice