Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Looking for lizard!

Discussion in 'Lizards' started by SamataDING, Sep 26, 2019.

1. SamataDING

SamataDING PetForums Newbie

Hello all! I have been considering starting a paludarium. I have had a few various reptiles and amphibians in the past, but I have very little knowledge about the wide range of species available. I was hoping maybe somebody can help with some suggestions on which lizards suit what I am hoping for! I am willing to adapt to the lil guy’s needs for habitat, but I have a few specifications on what I am looking for.
    I am looking for:
    Lizard, 1 foot long max including tail.
    Semi-aquatic, and preferably liking to climb branches and such.
    Prefers to eat insects and other small creepers, would like to stay away from mammal eaters if possible.
    Enjoys being held!
    I also like the look of long & thin tails. In my research I found Chinese water dragons and thought they would be PERFECT... until I saw how large they could grow I just don’t have the space for that large of a species. I am open to any suggestions you have! I am willing to compromise a bit if I find a little dude that’s just irresistible, so give me your best suggestion and I’ll research up on them

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice