Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Looking for advice.. #heat

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by ONIX&MAOMAO, Jan 8, 2020.

1. ONIX&MAOMAO

ONIX&MAOMAO PetForums Newbie

Hi Guys,

This is my first post so hoping I can get some advice. I currently have 2 kittens, Onix (7 month old British shorthair male) and Mao Mao (1.5yrs old Scottish Straight female). We homed Mao Mao in June and then homed Onix in August. Recently they have really started to get along, engaging in chase play. It hasn’t always been this cheerful, with MaoMao struggling with the company at first. It seems, as Onix is now a bit bigger, he enjoys pushing the boundaries around her. Today I caught them grooming one another (cute).
    Recently Onix has been very vocal and it seems he has become sexually mature due to his testicles becoming apparent.. I think this is the case, correct me if I’m wrong please. He has started meowing for Mao Mao when she leaves the room and sniffing her bottom when she strolls by. However, Mao Mao was fully neutered when she was younger due to an infection that made her rather poorly. She doesn’t respond to Onixs behaviour and normally walks away.
    I have noticed on two occasions now that she has urinated on the carpet in the bedroom. She hasn’t done this before (that I know of). I know it is definitely her as I caught her doing it. Could this behaviour be to do with Onixs advances recently? I’m not too sure. I’m aware that this could be a UTI however she has shown no other issues. Are cats able to scent spots around the house after spaying.
    Please any help will be great.

x

#1 ONIX&MAOMAO, Jan 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice