UK Pet Forums Forum banner

Looking for a temporay home for my 3 cats

635 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Summercat 
#1 ·
Hi there my name is Michael and my family are having to move into temporary accommodation (which will not allow pets) while our house is built. We had a friend lined up but has since pulled out last minute.

We live in Ryton Gateshead. Does anyone know of anywhere or anyone who could house our 3 cats (mother, father and daughter) for six months.

Thank you very much in advance for any help or advice

#2 ·
Hello @michael Burton and welcome :)

If you are not keen to put them in a cattery for the 6 mths, you could contact your local Rescues and ask about long term foster care. Most Rescues have volunteer foster carers who are busy fostering nursing cats and kittens all through the Spring and summer, but now the kitten season is coming to a close you may be lucky and find one who could help.

Expect to pay for the cats' food and any vet treatment they may need during their stay and to make a generous donation to the Rescue's funds.

The foster cats are cared for in the homes of the volunteer foster carers. But if the foster carer has cats of their own (often the case) the foster cats would not be allowed to mix with the resident cats and would be kept separate. This means foster cats would either be confined to one room of the house, or be housed in a full size heated cat pen in the garden.

#3 ·
I often get asked to care for people's cats temporarily but within the rescue we don't have the insurance in place to allow this. It's a cattery that would be able to do that. Also this year is so busy with so many strays etc that there is never enough space for the rescue cats let alone 'owned cats'. I actually think you'll find it very difficult to find a rescue who can help but please keep trying them as you never know, you may be lucky.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.