Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Looking for a temporary home for 2 cats London or Manchester

Discussion in 'Cat Rescue and Adoption' started by Emma Marie, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Emma Marie

Emma Marie PetForums Newbie

Hi

My relationship of 13 years has just broke down so I have to move back in with my parents for a few months.
    Unfortunately I can't take my two gorgeous kitty's with me as my parents have severe allergies. I'm just looking for someone who would be able to put them up for a few months. All food and litter will be provided aswell as £15 a week for looking after them.
    Any advice would be welcome as I really don't want to re-home them as they are like my babies.

Many thanks

Attached Files:

2. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

Hello @Emma Marie and welcome :)

It would be better to post your request in the 'Cat Rescue and Adoption' section of the forum as it seems to get more traffic than the Classifieds section, which is mostly visited by folk wanting to buy or sell items.

Have you approached local catteries to ask for their long stay charges in the winter? Some offer a reduced rate rather than have their pens empty outside the normal holiday season.

Otherwise you could approach all the local Rescues in your area, as they have volunteer foster carers who look after cats in their own homes (but kept separate from their own cats).

These foster carers are kept busy fostering mums and kittens in the kitten season (from March to October) but outside the season (i.e. from October to February) some are willing to offer temporary foster care e.g. to a cat owner who suddenly finds him/herself homeless, with nowhere for their cats.

Bear in mind that Rescues do not offer this kind of temporary fostering as a regular service, but more as a favour in certain circumstances. If you can find someone willing to help you would need to provide all the cat food and cat litter for your cats, as well as pay for any vet treatment that may arise while they are in foster care. There is fairly unlikely to be a weekly charge as such, but you should expect to pay a generous donation to the Rescue's funds at the end of your cats' stay.

I hope you find someone to help you. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice