Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Looking for a rescue/rehome

Discussion in 'Dog Rescue and Adoption' started by ClaireK, Apr 15, 2019.

1. ClaireK

ClaireK PetForums Newbie

Hi folks

We lost both our dogs within 2 months of each other earlier this year:(, one of them was Maddie, a rescue Malinois/pointer mix I found on here. It was super sad as she was only 7 and an absolute sweetheart but she had an inoperable tumour on her heart. The other was a vizsla my husband had from a puppy.

We have a "replacement" vizsla (not really but you know what I mean :)) but we're definitely a two dog family! Plus Jasper (the new one) really really loves company.

So, we're looking for a young (1-2 yrs), active, medium sized or large dog or bitch who loves company and long walks and is good with kids (we don't have any but lots of friends and family do). Would prefer an HPR or shepherd breed but open to the right dog (we've got experience with both these types of breed).

(we also have a cat but having had, and dog sat, multiple dogs who are 'not good with cats' and seen the cat boss them all around I'm OK with taking a punt on this!).

I'll obviously also be checking the rescues but if you're looking to rehome or know of a dog you think might be right for us, please let me know.

Thanks everyone!
    Claire

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice