Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

looking for a new puppy !!

Discussion in 'Dog Classifieds' started by staceyscats1, Feb 22, 2008.

1. staceyscats1

staceyscats1 PetForums Senior

hi everyone

my hubby and i have decided to get a puppy !!! (yay) not too sure on what breed i like malamutes, boxers and he likes english bulls and american bulls, i have 2 children and cats so i need a dog that will get on with both children and cats :) any ideas on what breed would be best , and of anyone who lives in the london area who has puppies ?

thank you xxx

2. bullbreeds

bullbreeds PetForums VIP

Hi, if you decide to buy an English Bull terrier then feel free to email me as I can point you in the right direction with regards to a reputable breeder close to London.
    Good luck whatever breed you choose! :)

3. staceyscats1

ok cool thank you :) i will do x going to have a look on the internet and find out as much information about english bulls as i can i want to make sure if we decide to have one that we are fully prepared lol

4. bullbreeds

bullbreeds PetForums VIP

Good idea.
    Also if your able to go to crufts next month they have a Discover Dogs section where you can meet/see every breed you can think of in person. You also get to talk to their owners who can advise you on every aspect of their particular breed.
    Its well worth the trip if you get the chance.

5. staceyscats1

oh wow ok cool i might do that :)

6. georges mummy

georges mummy PetForums Member

i have a staffie, a bull terrier cross and a bulldog.
    i have 3 kids and 2 kittens and they all get on brilliantly.
    my bulldog george even adores my iguana kiwi.
    i cant say kiwi is too keen on george though.

7. staceyscats1

awww cool :) yes see i love my cats and hubby wants a dog i do too but i wanted to make sure when we get a dog it will like the cats and children too lol awww do you have any pics of pets ?

8. carol

carol PetForums VIP

any breed of dog can be brought up with kids is good and trained.
    go along to crufts and see all the breeds,
    then you will have trouble making your minds up which to get. :) :)

9. staceyscats1

lol aww thank you carol, am going to try and get there soo excited :)

10. carol

carol PetForums VIP

trust me go early as possible as by 1 or 2 everyone starts turning up and you cant move gets really busy
    i get there for about 7 and leave by 2

11. pkb1

pkb1 PetForums Junior

12. plumo72

plumo72 PetForums VIP

I've got a Boxer and she's very boisterous but she's great with the kids, as is my staffordshire bull terrier :)

13. tashi

tashi PetForums VIP

I think that your best bet is to have a look at discover dogs at crufts and then make a short list come back here and ask for true opinions of the breeds we have people on here that would probably be able to tell you the traits of your chosen breed

14. andrea 35

andrea 35 PetForums VIP

Hi Pauline you have just made my heart skip a beat !!!! I love Beagles we nearly bought one last year but went for a Lab instead and now we have 2 lol . Our friends have a lemon beagle she is beautifull but a real handfull , she still messes in the house and is sooooo stubourn but she makes up for it by having such a great personality . Something i want to know from someone who breeds them , is it true you cant let them off lead ive heard said so often dont let them off or they will be off due to them being sent hounds , I know there is always the exception to the rule and there are probably lots of people who have Beagles who succesfully let them off lead but this was our main reason for not getting one as my idea of having a dog was the great outdoors and fetch ect .what would you say about this
    Andrea

15. pkb1

pkb1 PetForums Junior

Hi Andrea...........as you say there are always some that will and some that wont come back! i have a mix............one Crystal wont go out of my sight, but mooches around and comes back when she's ready.......one that hares off like a rocket out of sight but comes straight back at the first call, and another thats gone like the wind and keeps going!.............never gone for more than 20 mins or so and being out in the wilds we dont have too much worry about roads where i let them off..............a lady has 3 beags from me and 2 others, she has a different whistle tone for each dog and they all come back to their own,,,,,,,,,,,,,very impressive!.......hers also ring a bell on the back door to go out to toilet.......they all also have their gold good citizens awards,so it can be done............it depends on whats important to you, my dogs have a large gargen [ almost a field!] to play in all day, the do "road work"and as they are show dogs thats all i need from themand they get their free running at home mostly........always easier if you already have a dog that comes back as a puppy wont want to miss out on anything so should follow them back to you.
    Anything elseyou might want to know is probably on my website but if not just private mail me and i'llsend you my email as not to clog up the forum
    regards
    Pauline

16. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

Awww why are u rehoming her out of interest??? :)

#16 Eolabeo, May 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2008
  17. jackson

jackson PetForums VIP

Is it not possible for you to let her breeder have her back for rehoming? It might even be in your conract of sale if you had one.

#17 jackson, May 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2008
  18. Fade to Grey

Fade to Grey PetForums VIP

you can't get another puppy unless you're going to show it... jesus that would be just wrong.... i'm pulling your leg :D

19. staceyscats1

hey all wow forgot all about this post :)
    we got our puppy she is an american bulldog heres some pictures :)

awww i hope your staff gets a nice home ! to be honest as i do have children i would not be willing to rehome a 9 month old dog but i do wish you all the best for her :)

Attached Files:

• 014.jpg
      014.jpg
      File size:
      49.9 KB
      Views:
    • 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      89.8 KB
      Views:
  20. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

awwwwww shes a little cutey,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,love her black eye patch,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:D:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice