Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Looking for a cat or kitten

Discussion in 'Cat Rescue and Adoption' started by Tamarasalata, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Tamarasalata

Tamarasalata PetForums Newbie

Hi,
    I am looking for a cat or kitten, up to 1/1.5 year old ideally around Macclesfield/Cheshire/south Manchester/area. Do you have a cat or kitten that needs a new home? Or know someone that does? My partner and I would provide it a loving forever home where she/he will be well looked after. Thanks!!

2. Bertie'sMum

Bertie'sMum Obedient Cat Slave

Lurcherlad and Summercat like this.
  3. Summercat

Summercat PetForums VIP

Tamarasalata and Lurcherlad like this.
  4. Tamarasalata

Tamarasalata PetForums Newbie

Thanks for the suggestion, I have tried literally everywhere with every charity possible and nothing's really worked which is why I'm trying on here, hopefully I'll be able to find a cat/kitten through the forum as opposed to via a charity. Thanks though!!

5. Bertie'sMum

Bertie'sMum Obedient Cat Slave

I'm really surprised that you haven't been able to find a cat or kitten in one of the many animal shelters.
    The Cats Protection rehoming centre where I volunteer currently has over 20 cats and 12 kittens looking for new homes - I also know that the Scratching Post shelter currently has over 70 kittens who need new homes and this scenario is reflected all over the country at this time of year ("kitten season").

When I entered Macclesfield into the search box on the Cats Protection link I provided earlier it came up with 20+ cats/kittens currently in residence - which means that, apart from the ones pictured on the website, they probably have many more currently residing with volunteer foster carers.

6. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Really!!!!!!! in the middle of kitten season when rescues are bursting with kittens and young mums all needing to find new responsible homes :confused:
    Have you only "looked on line" or have you actually visited the rescue centres ?

7. Summercat

Summercat PetForums VIP

@Tamarasalata
    Many kittens won't be online but if you contact or go in to the rescue center they should have some available.
    Was there a problem, such as an indoor only home? I know indoor only, can sometimes be hard to find a kitten or cat for, sadly as so many need homes.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice