Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Looking for a bit of advice please?

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by Floradora76, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Floradora76

Floradora76 PetForums Newbie

Morning

we have a nearly two year old labradoodle. Beautifully behaved at home and out really. He’s a bit shy and timid at time’s but other time confident (very teenagery at times at the moment ) We encounter quite a few reactive dogs on walks. I’m getting to know which ones are which I like to avoid them (as a lot of owners don’t seem to bother distracting their dogs or going the other way) My question is my dog will bark and lunge back for a few seconds if we encounter a reactive dog that starts off first. If we pass a dog that’s not interested my dogs not. I don’t greet strange dogs and train my dog to focus on me with treats when we see other dogs on leash.
    I don’t want my dog to bark back but is that kind of normal behaviour? He doesn’t do it with every dog that barks at him. He’s been neutered. Thank you x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice