Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Looking after mums dogs

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by kim645, May 10, 2010.

1. kim645

kim645 PetForums Member

I am looking after my mums dogs this week as she is away on holiday. She's got one chocolate lab and an springer - my two springers are all used to them so should get on great.
    Last night was their first night and bella, the springer has done nothing but cry all night and is still crying now. She didn't eat much this morning - I don't know what to do, can only put up with so much crying, haha. Coco, the lab is fine, snuggling into the pups right now.
    Anyone got any tips on how I can stop her crying :(

2. Bearpaw

Bearpaw PetForums VIP

Oh bless her,sounds like shes missing your mom!!
    Are all four dogs sleeping together at night? i would just try and ride it through myself.Does she have a very different routine at your moms? Maybe take her for a long walk before bed and wear her out.
    Sorry,probably not very helpful ,hopefully others will come and offer some advise :)

3. kim645

kim645 PetForums Member

Yeh I think she is missing her :( just feel so sorry for her! The pups were in their cage last night as usual and the other two were in the kitchen. Nope nothing really different apart from my mum's usually at work during the day.

4. Bearpaw

Bearpaw PetForums VIP

Does she cry much at your moms?
    I would try and ignore it as much as you can,but keep her busy.
    Its only for a week,hang in there.

5. kim645

kim645 PetForums Member

No she doesn't cry at my mums. Just going to take a long walk - won't let her off the lead though incase she runs!

6. Jackie99

Jackie99 PetForums VIP

Aw bless them. He is pining. When my Grandparents dog was still here and they would come on Holidays with us (years ago now) the dog got spoilt rotten when we were away but he wouldn't eat much if at all for the first few days, just mope around looking sad. They know when something is going on when the cases come out and whatever. Then when we returned he would fuss everyone like crazy and totally ignore my Grandmother, refusing to go anywhere near her for leaving him until at least the next day! I guess all you can do is treat them normally.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice