Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Look Auntie Frags....

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by hazyreality, Jun 6, 2010.

1. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

Look how big I've gotten :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And I was stealing Kara's bit of hay, I'm the cheeky one!
    [​IMG]

Check out my ears....nah nah nah nah nah....bat ears!
    [​IMG]

But Kara wanted the Ribena aswell!
    [​IMG]

*Heidi*

2. frags

frags PetForums VIP

lol what ya feeding her on???

They look really well, well done x

3. hazyreality

They are just on normal Excel pellets :) they get them twice a day the others only once a day, they have their bowl on their shelf, lol.

They are getting on really well, Kimba and Marley are great friends :) and Marley tends to stay away from everyone! Pretty much everytime I go out there, they are together in the dog bed, often with Kara aswell :)

*Heidi*

4. AmyCruick

AmyCruick PetForums VIP

Aww they look so happy!

5. hazyreality

Thanks Amy, they are happy, they are so chilled, lmao, I think thats why the others a being good with them.

*Heidi*

6. Paws&Claws

Paws&Claws PetForums VIP

beautiful bunnies! :D did u say ribena? :confused: lol x

7. hazyreality

lol, wondered if I was gonna get asked about the ribena. I was speaking to a breeder a few years back and he told me that they loved ribena(very small amount in a bottle) and its good for Vitamin C, so I tried it, and they have about a bottle a week now as a treat. The guinea pigs love it aswell!
    Also apple juice and water 1/2 and 1/2 they love every so often :)

*Heidi*

8. Paws&Claws

Paws&Claws PetForums VIP

ooo so its good for them in small amounts? :) x

9. hazyreality

Well I dont think its bad for them anyway, dunno if I could prove its good for them :p Mine have had it since I got M&M 4 1/2 years ago and they are fine :)
    It has to be Ribena or Blackcurrant Hi-Juice btw, it cant be apple and blackcurrant or any of those! lol

*Heidi*

10. K1nS

K1nS PetForums Senior

I never knew they could drink juice either lol, will have to try Smudge on abit of ribena and see what she thinks :thumbup:

11. hazyreality

Just make it so it is just pink really :) just enough to cover the bottom of the water bottle then fill with water :)

*Heidi*

12. Paws&Claws

Paws&Claws PetForums VIP

Yeh i think a tiny amount in the bottle might be okay.. but i think too much would hurt there kidneys wouldnt it? :confused: x

13. Kammie

Kammie PetForums VIP

I make ribena and apple ice cubes for them in summer. They go crazy for it.

The other day as well I was sat eating an orange lolly when both George and Ember jumped up on me and started licking it and biting chunks off for me. I know its bad for them but the little bit they got wouldn't hurt.

14. hazyreality

I think anything fruity in moderation is ok really. I dont worry that much :)
    Unless I KNOW they shouldnt have it(like meat!), I let them try it, lol. I gave them pineapple and melon the other day, they wouldnt touch it when I was there, but they ate it overnight, lol. The guineas love melon :p

*Heidi*

15. Kammie

Kammie PetForums VIP

I can't eat any fruit unless I stand up to eat it. If I'm sat on the sofa eating an apple or melon suddenly its taken from my hand and George is sat the other side of the room eating it. The other day I had a bunch of grapes that I was sat eating in front of the TV, when I looked down at the bag next to me George had his head in it taking a bite out of each grape. Another thing he likes which is really naughty is to stick his head in a pack of salt and vinegar crisps that I'm trying to eat (this one I do stop). For lunch yesterday I had a sandwich and banana, After eating put the banana skin on the plate next to me until I could be bothered to take it out to the kitchen and George jumped up next to me and dragged off the banana skin to eat.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice