Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Look at him now!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by myshkin, Mar 25, 2011.

1. myshkin

myshkin PetForums VIP

We found him lost and scared at the side of the road outside our village a week before Christmas, notified the wardens, advertised, put the word out (it's a small village). No-one was looking for him and the wardens were relieved that we wanted him to stay with us until an owner was found because they were full up, as they always are that time of year.
    He was a little mess, overweight, didn't know what a lead was for, covered in itchy, bleeding skin growths, a mouth full of rotten, infected teeth that the vet said was something that had taken years to develop.....we've been gradually increasing his walks and took him up Snowdon this week. He loved it! I've never gone up so fast, he dragged me up there, had to make him stop for rests and water. I'm so happy to see him enjoying life so much (and so proud of his new muscley physique, no diet involved, just regular walks).

Oh, also, he was so scared of women he'd snap and snarl if my face came anywhere near him: he's sitting on my knee in this pic :D

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  2. DirtyGertie

DirtyGertie PetForums VIP

He looks great, his coat is wonderful, you've done a great job. Well done on getting up Snowdon, I went up (and down) on the train :D, expensive and obviously not as healthy a way to do it as you and your pooch.

3. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

awww fab stuff, how are his teeth getting on? Some raw meaty bones might make a difference to that :)
    So are you keeping him? :eek:

4. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

He looks lovely and so happy, well done you for taking him in you have done a smashing job with him.

5. myshkin

myshkin PetForums VIP

He had to have 9 removed, 2 of them canines :eek: But he recovered fast from that, he was chewing logs from the fireplace within a week! We give him lots of bones, rawhide chews, toys he can gnaw on etc, as he seems prone to gum disease now (to be expected!).
    And yep, we're keeping him. We took him to get his mouth sorted before the 4 weeks you're legally supposed to wait before you can decide to keep him,...he was such a mess the vet couldn't wait to chip him for us. If he was healthy I'd give him back if his original owner turned up after years, but he wasn't, he was badly neglected, and shows signs of abuse too. So the way I feel now is that if someone turned up I wouldn't hand him back, and if they proved ownership they'd be proving they neglected him, and I have my vet's backing on this...he's my pooch now :)
    Our other dog is actually my bloke's, we'd be saying for ages that I'll have my own when we were ready...didn't think it would be a grumpy old terrier with issues, but he keeps climbing on my knee...sometimes you don't choose them, they choose you :)

babycham2002 likes this.
  6. Jonesey

Jonesey PetForums VIP

What a lovely story, I'm so glad he found you. :)

7. myshkin

myshkin PetForums VIP

So am I, because believe me, I'm getting as much out of this as he is :)

8. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

That's a lovely story you've done so well with him he's really landed on his paws

9. billie jo

billie jo PetForums Member

Aww he's gazing at those mountains as if he can't believe he's there! It's taken him a lifetime to find you hasn't it? - but he's found you in the end x

10. Jonesey

Jonesey PetForums VIP

And now we need more pics of this boyo. One side shot will not do! :D

11. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

Lucky boy and in great condition - well done to you for taking him on - sounds like he desperately needed a lucky break, bless him. :)

12. shells

shells PetForums VIP

I am so glad he found you. evidently you were meant for each other. He is looking fab :D

13. new westie owner

new westie owner PetForums VIP

Well done you looking after him :)

14. myshkin

myshkin PetForums VIP

I'll see what I can do this afternoon :)

15. jamie1977

jamie1977 Banned

Well done on what you have achieved with him. As said get more pics up :)

16. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

Oh dear, I'm blubbering again - such a lovely story and you are a wonderful person to have given him the life he deserves.

If only people realised how much enjoyment they give :rolleyes:

I'm a happy sort of person but I've never laugh as much as I do with a dog in my life.:D

babycham2002 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice