Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Longhaired tabby cat wanted - London area

Discussion in 'Cat Rescue and Adoption' started by Linn, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Linn

Linn PetForums Newbie

Hi
    Been searching for ages for the following. If you know of one that would like a lovely home with me and a female Birman X - please let me know!

Longhaired cat
    Female ideally, but male considered if irresistible!
    Ideally brown tabby, but others considered such as a Birman, Ragdoll, Maine Coon etc as well as good old domestic!
    Any age
    Possible may consider pair
    Must be in London area as non-driver or willing to transport if further afield.

2. monkeymummy32

monkeymummy32 PetForums VIP

The breeder of my Maine coon kitten is also the secretary of the Maine Coon Breed Society and is involved in the rehoming of adult MC's. If you would like her details I can send them to you? I'll probably have to email you because I don't think I can message you on here as you are a newbie...

3. Cookieandme

Cookieandme PetForums VIP

4. catcoonz

catcoonz PetForums VIP

if the lady goes onto mainecoon cat club, scrolls down to the rescue part and clicks on that all the rehoming details are available.:)

5. Linn

Linn PetForums Newbie

If there is just one Maine Coon place then I havd already enquired about one on their page. But the cat is in Surrey and the owner said they have had other enquiries. I think may also want a closer home.

I am probably only interested in non tabby per se if it was a breed like Birman. But if it's got plenty of hair and tabby markings, I don't mind what it is! :)

#5 Linn, Oct 25, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  6. monkeymummy32

The one in Surrey is on the Maine Coon Cat Club site. If you go to the Maine Coon Breed Society website then there are a couple more on there, and also if you email Lynnette (details are on the website) she may have details of more. Maybe you could let her know what you're after and she can bear you in mind if a suitable cat comes along.

7. catcoonz

catcoonz PetForums VIP

for ragdolls to rehome you can look on the ragdoll cat club. im sure there would also be the same on the birman cat club.
    if you wanted a retired queen maybe email some local breeders to you to enquire if they have any, or email rescue homes as sometimes they get pedigree cats/kittens in.
    i think animal lifeline may have 1 or 2 ragdolls at the moment.:)

8. househens

househens Guest

#8 househens, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2012
  9. Linn

Linn PetForums Newbie

Thanks, but I don't live in Canning Town and Celia Hammond is one of those places - unlike Battersea, for example - that won't allow you to rehome if you don't live in catchment area. Personally I think there needs to be some more liaising on this policy for all similar shelters, because it has prevented me for 6 months now as if I have seen a cat and been willing to travel to collect, been barred by not living in right area.

10. househens

househens Guest

I didn't know what area of London you are in. I'm searching for you in Australa, never having been to London or knowing what suburbs are where, so can you give me a hint on your area, and the surrounding area. All I had was London, to work on.

There is a LONGHAIRED kitten available, privately at Weston Super Mare, which came up when I indicated London, It has a shorthaired sibling Ph Sharon 07766225696 off gumtree. Free I think

#10 househens, Oct 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2012
  11. Cookieandme

Cookieandme PetForums VIP

:eek: about 150 miles away - other side of the country, east to west

12. househens

househens Guest

Ta. I had a feeling it might be wrong, but I typed in London. Thought I was improving my geographical knowledge... How does that work? I typed in specifically LONDON. No wonder I get confused as I think I'm getting the hang of areas... I was thinking, Didn't know that was London, must remember that...

13. wobblecat

wobblecat PetForums Junior

I've found a 2mth old fluffy tabby female at Wood Green Animals Shelters in Wood Green N. London! Looks a sweetie :)
    Samantha - Cats Rehoming - Rehoming a Cat - Wood Green, The Animals Charity They also rehome to any area.

househens, the Gumtree private ad looks like a kitten breeder :( ...maybe best to adopt from shelter if Linn can find a kitty suitable...

Linn, i know what you mean about CHAT...i too had seen many cats which i wanted to offer a home to but i lived maybe 20mins outside of the catchment area so was not suitable. It was such a shame as i was interested in the cats that were being overlooked/disabled and had been stuck at the shelter for ages with no luck :(

14. monkeymummy32

This is such a shame, makes me so sad. Those poor cats stuck in a cage just because of some stupid policy. I hope you had a good rant at them! Makes you wonder if people who run these places actually like cats at all :-(.

15. Linn

Linn PetForums Newbie

I found Samantha too - in fact, I was holding her yesterday and her 3 equally gorgeous siblings!! I would like her and black fluffy sister Bingo.

Now comes the problem. Apparently I have to be homechecked, I can't speak to someone to arrange that as they are not in until Tuesday, they won't reserve for me in meantime, so by time all this has been done, I am sure Samantha and Bingo will have been snapped up by someone else.

I am really upset and disappointed. Not least that when I was considering a cat at Wood Green just a few months ago I was categorically told I could have taken it there and then. If they have to do checks first, the least they could do is hold the animal until done. Other shelters do. I have made my feelings known directly to Wood Green as well.

16. househens

househens Guest

Did you get your cat? I thought the tabby was free.

17. Linn

Linn PetForums Newbie

Just bumping as still looking! :'(

18. scatchy

scatchy PetForums Member

Is it only a long haired tabby you want?
    Is it a pedigree you want or just longhaired . What age range?
    I may know of ginger or Black and white if interested.
    Will look to see if any tabbies.
    please pm me with further details.

19. Linn

Linn PetForums Newbie

I really want just a bog standard brown moggy with lots of hair!! Never dreamed they'd be so hard to find, well at least in London or the south east they are. Seen a few over the months but all the other end of the country and/or at shelters whose homing range I am out of.

Aside from tabby, would also consider a breed such as Birman or Ragdoll, or Maine Coon. And possibly a short hair if a colour like blue, grey or chocolate. Not really up for ginger, black or black/white.

Don't mind age, kitten up to 12 even.

#19 Linn, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  20. Luz

Luz PetForums VIP

[​IMG]

What do you think of Josie? Sh.e's in London
    Retiredfriends
    Josie is a five-year-old blue tortie smoke girl with lots of coat, who is looking for her forever home, either as an only cat or with a laidback companion. She's a bit shy and doesn't really like being one of a large group of cats here, but I think she will come out of her shell when she's not being bullied by her housemates since she loves her fuss. She does need some grooming because of her sheer quantity of coat, but 10-20 mins once a week will be plenty, it's not a difficult coat. If you think you might be able to provide the perfect home for her, please do get in touch!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice