Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Long Weekend in Cornwall :) (pic heavy)

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by sarelis, Aug 28, 2013.

1. sarelis

sarelis PetForums Senior

Thought I'd post some piccys of our bank holiday weekend in Cornwall to take my mind off poor Lulu being in for her op today :(
    We went to Port Isaac with the dogs, it's where they film the TV series Doc Martin. The school in the program is actually a hotel, and they accept dogs in their larger rooms. It was just right, we had a separate room for DD (11) and an outdoor terrace to sit in the sun with a ciggy and glass of wine while the dogs sunbathed, and had some lovely walks. In the evenings we would take the girls to play on the beach in the dark, which they loved! I was super impressed with Jess, who was just 16 weeks on Sunday. She was no trouble at all and seemed to have really enjoyed it all. Anyways, pics...

Playing on the beach at night
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    OMG those ears!
    [​IMG]
    View from the terrace
    [​IMG]
    Nom nom nom, we love Cornish ice cream!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Up on the hill overlooking the harbour
    [​IMG]
    View over the village, the school house with the Gothic windows
    [​IMG]
    Epic photobomb by a huge black dog!
    [​IMG]

2. 3dogs2cats

3dogs2cats PetForums VIP

Lovely photos. I take it the black dog was not with you! Cheeky blighter getting in on the act :D
    Some one was recently telling me they had been to where Dr Martin was filmed I have never seen that programme so couldn`t relate, but must say it does look a beautiful place to visit even if like me you have not got a clue about Dr Martin.

3. delca1

delca1 PetForums VIP

Lovely photos :)
    We go down the coast to Rock most years, always visit Port Isaac as it's such a beautiful place. It always seemed odd watching Doc Martin and seeing the different buildings used for different things, especially the school!

4. sarelis

sarelis PetForums Senior

It is lovely, it's such a tiny little place but has a real community spirit. There was loads going on, carnival the first night, fete held by the RNLI on Sunday with a demo by the rescue helicopter right in the bay and some beautiful walks (if you don't mind steep hills!) I would def recommend it, and the Old School House hotel for anyone wanting a break with their dogs. There is a pub & restaurant right on the beach where I had some freshly caught local lobster (delicious!) & their steak was lovely too.
    The black dog photobombing was funny, I just caught him peeking over in the pic, half a second later He came looming right over Ella's head & scared us all to death!

5. sarelis

sarelis PetForums Senior

Delca, the school is tiny, there is no way that any of the interior scenes are actually filmed inside it! We went there last nearly 4 years ago, where we got engaged, so it was lovely to return :)

6. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Gorgeous pics, we went to port Isaac earlier this year, it really is lovely there. My words have turned green with jealousy :eek: .

7. sarelis

sarelis PetForums Senior

Lol TDM, I didn't want to come home at all, far too peaceful and relaxing there!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice