Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Long time no post, but not a good post!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Staysee, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Staysee

Staysee PetForums VIP

All my cats are fine by the way!

So, someone I work with told me a few weeks ago that she was getting a new kitten, didnt really think much of it.

Today she said she's now getting a black kitten from the same litter, she couldnt resist it....a ginger and black kitten, beautifull!

So I first asked "how old will the kittens be?" she said "they will be 7 weeks when they come to me next week" i said it was too young but apparently the mother cat is getting fed up with the kittens so she's letting them go before 8 weeks.....

She claims she is a breeder and one of her moggies had a litter in march and another litter just 7 weeks ago.

I feel so so sorry for the poor mother cat [there are two mother cats too] and the fact this woman is breeding from these cats....I can get pictures as I can access her facebook pictures if you wanted to see pics PLUS the kittens STILL have blue eyes.

p.s sorry for any fuss i caused back in may, was a rough time

2. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

Sadly it's all too common and if your friend doesn't take the kitten someone else will :( and so the 'breeder' will continue :mad:
    You can only do your best by advising your friend that the kittens are way too young and this 'breeder' is just using her cats to make a bit of money :mad:
    The mother cat probably isn't fed up with her kittens, she is just teaching them the social graces at that age and it occasionally warrants a smack or two. It's more likely that the 'breeder' is fed up because these little ones are starting to cost her money for food and litter - assuming she does actually litter train them.

Oh and welcome back :)

3. Staysee

Staysee PetForums VIP

I told her that mother cat will be teaching them right from wrong now...claims they are 6/7 weeks but all kittens still have blue eyes....

4. Staysee

Staysee PetForums VIP

These pictures were taken on the 16th August...so 8 days ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

By what I was told this woulda been them at 5/6weeks old and the black kitten still has blue eyes

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice