Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Long term cat fostering

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Lou3213, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Lou3213

Lou3213 PetForums Newbie

Hi all, I’m new to this site. I’m Looking to find out if any one knows of or if they themselves would be able to foster my 2 cats for a 1 year period. I’m moving to Ghana for humanitarian hospital work and really really don’t want to rehome them. They are my babies x happy to pay for their upkeep x thanks in advance

2. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

Hello @Lou3213 and welcome :)

The majority of foster-carers have their own cats and they keep their foster cats separate from their own cats. This would be likely to mean your cats were either kept at the foster-carer's in one room for the year of your absence or in a pen. I'm sorry but I don't think that would be very fair on your cats.

Is there perhaps a relative or friend who has no cats of their own, who may be willing to have your cats while you're abroad?

Soozi and TriTri like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice