Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Long teary rant

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by srhdufe, May 29, 2010.

1. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

I am sat here in tears as i may have to rehome all my babies :crying:

Mum and dad are getting a divorce...

Mum is moving in with her mum and cant take any of our babies cos of her cats. I have to rent somewhere, but nobody wants animals :crying:

I really am stuck. Oscar baby is 12. I just cannot part with him :crying:
    Molly hasnt been here very long but i love her to bits and i cant seperate her and Oscar as they love each other.
    Then theres the rabbits and hamsters :crying:

What on earth do i do??

I have a deposit on a house, which isn't even built yet. Do you think i can get the money back and use the money elsewhere? :confused:: :crying:

ashleighhhhh likes this.
  2. bullet

bullet PetForums VIP

Aw hun that is s**t news, i wish you all the luck

3. archiebaby

archiebaby PetForums VIP

ahh thats sad. i dont know about your deposit, i dont think they would give it back. hope something comes up for you:(

4. WelshOneEmma

WelshOneEmma PetForums VIP

Some rentals will take animals, you just have to ask. You may have to pay a slightly higher deposit though (ours was an extra £100). **** situation to be in though.

5. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

aww thats horrible, is there any way they can be fostered until you find somewhere?

6. PembrokeMadhouse

PembrokeMadhouse PetForums VIP

There are quite a few private landlords who will take pets ... it may take some time to search, I rent a house to people, and I allow pets ...

As for the deposit on a new place, you may lose some of it, but might not, you need to check the small print.

Don't give up yet ... I am sure you've got a few weeks to go round the agents, phone the council up and ask if there are any properties from private landlords on their books ... sometimes the local solicitors know of properties to rent ...

You may find you have to give away some, but not all ... but don't give up without a fight ... get on that phone now and find out about your deposit.

Good luck ... you know we're all here for you.

C X

7. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

I would keep your deposit on the house hon. If you can get into the housing market I would, it's a good thing to do for your future.

In the mean time look for somewhere to rent. Even apply for the ones that say no pets. When you get to see/speak with the owner offer an extra deposit for any potential damage, and also offer for them to come and see how well you look after your animals at home now. You could also draw up a contract saying that you are prepared to cover any damage caused by your pets, and maybe even that you will get a professional carpet cleaner in when you vacate (will cost about £50 I think).

I would definately get your foot in the door before you mention pets though.

Sorry to hear of your predicament hon. I hope what ever happens things work out for you all.
    xxx

8. shirleystarr

shirleystarr PetForums VIP

Maybe search on google for houses to rent in your area some will take pets so just dont give up

9. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

*hug*

the best thing to do is ask estate agents to check with the owner about pets coz alot will say no pets as a blanket rule but if asked the owner might say yes...

i hope everything sorts itself out :)

10. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

Sorry to hear that :(

You will find rentals that take pets, you just need to ask, we rent with Brams.

Not sure what to say re: the deposit. I'd speak to your agent/developer /who ever has the money.

11. Zayna

Zayna PetForums VIP

what area are you in?

one of my friends fosters for the cinamon trust. they foster animals whose owners can no longer take care of them, im not sure if it only applies to elderly people but i can find out from my friend xx

12. GillyR

GillyR PetForums VIP

Oh i am so sorry to hear about your parents....could you stay living with your dad for the time being?

13. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Sarahs in Leeds, West Yorkshire.

14. Zayna

Zayna PetForums VIP

thank you

will find out

15. Zayna

Zayna PetForums VIP

spoke to my friend.
    The cinamon trust work all over the country as far as she knows.
    Best thing to do is google them, then contact them and explain what has happened. They may be able to help you. At least I really hope so.... fingers crossed xx

16. Cat_Crazy

Cat_Crazy PetForums VIP

So sorry to hear this.

If your dad is staying in the house can he not keep hold of the pets unil your house is ready?

Failing that find fosterers for tem?

I am more then happy to help if I can.

I am in Cheshire which is a bit of a distance but i'd happily take the hamsters until you can take them back. Couldn't help with the others sorry.

17. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

That's awful. You should be able to find somewhere that you can rent with pets my landlord initially said no then came and met them and said yes with a £200 pet deposit. Hopefully you can sort something out

18. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

I have found somewhere to let that allow pets. It says no exclusions :thumbup:

It's a lovely 2 bed bungalow. £600 per month

The room upstairs is huge, but a little tacky i think. Going to view it this week :thumbup:

Do you think i can claim housing benefit for the time being? :confused::

19. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

Noooooooooooooooooo it says available from early August :frown:

20. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

if its any help to you i can foster any or all your pets til the start of september, maybe even longer if you need me too. :)

i dont live that far away either :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice