Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Long lead?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by PedigreeUK, Jun 4, 2010.

1. PedigreeUK

PedigreeUK PetForums Member

Hi,

Does anyone use a very long, nylon lead for their dog? I'm looking for a non-extending one to use on narrow paths where my dog has to be on the lead but can't always walk alongside me.

Or would you choose another type of lead for this? All tips welcome.

Thank you!

Janet

2. alaun

alaun PetForums VIP

We use either a long line or lunge rein when we are training recall - this might be of use to you.

3. 2Hounds

2Hounds PetForums VIP

I have 6ft everyday leads which allow the dogs to walk in front if needs be and also a 12 or 15ft long lead that we use in the woods for a bit of extra freedom. I got the 15ft one off an equestrian ebay seller who made them in a wide range of lengths but they've not got anything listed at the moment, i'm sure there are others though.
    A flexi-lead is probably easier to use as it reels the excess up rather than you having to wind up the slack.

4. PedigreeUK

PedigreeUK PetForums Member

Thank you both - that helps. I'll have a look around and see what I can find.

Janet

5. shazalhasa

shazalhasa PetForums VIP

I've got a 50ft lead for my oldest so he can still run with the others when they are offlead. It's fab, although I'm sure he'd like an extra 250ft lol

6. Matrix/Logan

Matrix/Logan PetForums VIP

We use Mickie (not sure of spelling) leads they have rings along them so they can be made various lengths, they are very long and ideal if you want to tether them to the boot for picnics or let the full length out when on bridleways and things. X

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice