Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Long Lead???

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by ToddyxxMillie, May 6, 2010.

1. ToddyxxMillie

ToddyxxMillie PetForums Member

Hi i want to get a long lead for Millie instead of the retractable as i cant control her well on it. I want it long enough so she can run but i still have control theres a couple on ebay but dont know what size is the best e.g 30ft or 50ft i dont want to0 long as i think that would annoy me what size would you recommend? thanks

2. SEVEN_PETS

SEVEN_PETS PetForums VIP

i have a 5m long line (15ft) and I would ideally prefer it if it was a few feet longer, maybe 20ft. It is short enough to not get tangled round this (the longer it is, the more likely it is to tangle) but long enough to get Ollie a fair distance to run before I call him back. If you are letting it drag, the shorter the better really. If you are going to hold it, then the longer the better as you want to give them as much freedom as you can.

3. nic101

nic101 PetForums VIP

do you mean a long line?

try robinsons-uk.com - they are local to me so i pop in - however there HORSE (not dog)! are better/cheaper and longer! :)

failing that - 26 foot extendable lead from pets at home :)

4. Chocmonster

Chocmonster PetForums Member

I use a 5m line which I got from trainingtrousers.co.uk, they make them any length you want and I'm very pleased how it's stood up to Milly so far! :)

5. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

I was going to suggest a lunge line. My son has a viszla and uses my horses old line. Ideal for the purpose and as mentioned, much cheaper - only thought though would be the size of the clip. For a smaller dog some of them can be abit hefty.

6. nic101

nic101 PetForums VIP

true but i was looking the other day in robbies and they had really nice, soft, lighter ones now. i went for the heavyier one as shes springer x and can take it....(i wanted her to realise it was on as sometimes shes a tad dippy in that way lol)....

great idea though - lunge lines for recalls :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice