Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Long grass and scary monsters

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mese, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

My four year old Grandson , Jamie , was driving his mum (my Daughter) mad cos he wouldnt stay in his bedroom ... so I decided maybe running round the local field with my two would tire him out a little , so Jean got him dressed again , I got my 'ever ready for a walk' pair leaded up and off we went (the field is literally a minutes walk away)
    we get there and all of a sudden Jamies gone into scared mode , the grass is too long (its the same length it was at tea-time) the moons hiding from something scary (those darn clouds) and the best one ... we arent going over there where the 5 monsters live are we ? (he pointed to the other side of the field where it looked dark , you try explaining to a 4 year old its not really any darker than where we are standing , lol ... & the 5 monsters , where'd they suddenly come into the picture , lol)

so basically all we did was stand near the gate and let the pooches run around on their longlines , as long as we were there Jay was happy and chattering away
    now he's badgering his Mum for a hot chocolate drink cos he always has one at bedtime ... he's kinda ignoring the fact he's already had one tonight , lol

You gotta love kids ... sometimes :D

2. animallover111

Awww bless made me smile reading that.......its amazing what goes on in children's minds......:)

3. sammyben

sammyben Guest

Aww, bless him! Did he get his other hot choc in the end then? :D

4. Cassies-mum

Cassies-mum PetForums VIP

my nephew (who i saw on friday)
    had a stick and was hitting marias (his other nan) washing lineto break the stick :001_tt2:

he also grabs your arm and takes you for a walk all the time lol

he loved the rides at the fair but didnt lke it when he had to get off lol

5. MySugar

MySugar PetForums Senior

That is cute and sounds a lovely place for a walk, but I've got to say, if my son was in bed (as I am assuming from what you have said that is where he was) he would not be allowed to get out and come for a nice walk! Once in bed, he stays in bed no matter how much he moans or cries (not that he does, he learnt there's no point!).
    Consitency is needed, if you let them get out because they are kicking up a stink, they will do it again and again knowing they will get what they want :rolleyes:
    Kids are an absolute blessing, but also a pain in the backside at times! ;)

6. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

You're right of course, but my poor Daughter had been at work all day and was knackered bless her, and my OH was trying to sleep (he works nights and had to be up at 1am ) so I figured what the heck ... as far as Jays concerned he knows it was a special treat being allowed to come out with me and the dogs that late cos his Sisters gone to stay at the other Grandparents for a week

and nope, no hot chocolate but he did get a warm glass of milk :)

7. flufffluff39

flufffluff39 PetForums VIP

My son is 17 and still afraid of windows in the dark ??

8. MySugar

MySugar PetForums Senior

Aren't they lucky to have you on hand to help :) He is a lucky boy too to have such a nice Grandma/Nan/Nanny/Nana (?) So many variations! My son has a Nana, Nanny and Grandma who he and my neices call Mum! But that is only because we are still Mummy to our kids and when my dear Grandma was here they got confused with having two 'Grandma's' so called her Mum as we do. Been the same ever since :) Anyway...sorry, totally went into a load of boring rubbish! :blushing:

9. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

Im Nan ... or Nanneeeeeeeeeeee (said in a babyish cute voice and only used if they are really trying their hardest to wheedle some sweet money out of me , usually works too , little horrors , lol)

Its me who is the lucky one hun , they live here along with their Mum (my Daughter) , and cos she works, my 'Job' is looking after them , ive never enjoyed working so much in my life before , lol

10. MySugar

MySugar PetForums Senior

Can I adopt you? :D ;)

You sound like a lovely family :)

11. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

only if we can come live with you on the coast , id loooove living near the sea :D

12. MySugar

MySugar PetForums Senior

Sure thing :D It's great down here!

13. animallover111

I would love to live by the sea.........:)

14. MySugar

MySugar PetForums Senior

You can come too, the more the merrier :D

15. animallover111

thanks on my way...hope you have room for two kids,8 dogs,a pony and 2 ferrets or and my mum as she is staying with us at the mo.....:eek: :D

16. MySugar

MySugar PetForums Senior

Yep, I have a room for you, a room for your kids, the dogs may have a squeeze with the cats, but what the hey they're welcome too, the ferrets can fit in the garden, lean-to or garage and there is heathland with grass a minutes walk away from my house where the pony would be right at home ;) And your Mum will fit in the room with you :cool:

17. animallover111

thats it we are on are way.......cant wait.....plus we would have a live in baby sitter...my mum......:D :D

18. MySugar

MySugar PetForums Senior

Great! Your Mum can babysit while we go out lol, 2 pubs in walking distance and clubs not too far away. Also cinema, bowling, bingo, loads of eateries. Really is great here!! :D

19. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

Im not jealous , nope not at all :cryin: :p

I live in a small village ... we have one shop/post office and a village hall and a church , so :001_tt2: :D

20. MySugar

MySugar PetForums Senior

Remember you're coming too ;)

Sounds very quaint there, I love countryside. From where I am if you drive 20 mins in one direction you're in coutryside. Best of all worlds. We are very very fortunate.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice