Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Lonely, Rare rat :(

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by Nutties, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Nutties

Nutties PetForums Newbie

Typo in title, I meant sad not rare! Shouldn't have left autocorrect on haha.

Hello guys!

I'm a new member here, and I'm in need of some advice.

Basically me and my partner adopted two adorable female rats less than a month ago- these are the first rats I've had in my adult life, after having 6 as a child and loving them to pieces!

Unfortunately our confident little girl, Cashew passed away today. It was very sudden and she was very young and we are absolutely heartbroken about it. She was a high white so we think it may have been late onset megacolon. I've never met such a little cutie with SO much personality and even though she was so little and we knew her for a small amount of time she has changed our lives in a big way and will always be remembered :(

This has left us with almond the rat left. She is still incredibly shy and skittish. And at this point has been on her own for about 3 days while her sister declined as she is far too energetic and was bullying her ill sister a bit.

She isn't doing well on her own and I'm desperately searching for a rescue near manchester that I can adopt a doe or two from. Or any does who are sadly unwanted and we can help? Ideally tomorrow but that may be a bit optimistic !

She is terrified of human contact, cannot play with toys, and very lonely. Is there anything we can do to ease her loneliness?

Thank you for your advice!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice