Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

lonely persian

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Rachael Babb, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Rachael Babb

Rachael Babb PetForums Newbie

Hi everyone

I'm looking after my mums persian cat at the moment but I'm allergic so can't have it at my house. Basically I go round to her house when I can to feed him, comb him, change litter etc, but he is really lonely.

He has been on his own for a week now with just the odd visit each day. I don't know how long it will be until my mum is home- any suggestions about what I can do to make him less lonely when I'm not there?

2. Tinks magic

Tinks magic PetForums Member

I would try to get your mom to come home. Or is their anyone else who can spend more time with him each day.

Especially if he is used to your mom being home a lot of the time.

Apart from that maybe leave a radio on but it really is no comparason to human company.

I know nothing about allergys to cats can you not take an anti allergy tablet?

3. Rachael Babb

Rachael Babb PetForums Newbie

I do take allergy pills each day which help- but I still suffer every time I go round there. I've even been to the doctors who said to stay away from the cat! My sister has been helping but she's not a fan of the cat, I love him to bits it's just the allergy that is the main problem.

He is use to my mum being there alot, and being a persian he never leaves the house except the odd time in the garden (which he can't access unless someone is home to let him out). The radio sounds like a good idea, at least he would hear voices then.

I think it is best he is kept at home as it is familiar to him, but I can't help but feel so guilty that he is spending so much time on his own. There are others that could help I guess but he is still spending huge amounts of time alone.

4. Tinks magic

Tinks magic PetForums Member

In that case I would hope you mom comes home soon.

As I feel it is really unfair with him being on his own when he is used to companship He will pine and could stop eating ect.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice